New dashboard control to load both trending shows/movies (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ltfearme

First I have to say thanks for you awesome work in developing and maintaining plugins. Your plugins are absolutely state of the art, and my MP experience was not complete without them.

I have request:

There are serveral controls availible to show 'latest added media' for Trakt for by example basichome. I like to add this feature to TITANIUS, but I have one problem; I have only space for one of them, so I have to choose between Control ID 98300, 98301 and 98302.

It would be nice if you can add a Control ID (98304 by example) wich mixes both 3 (or atleast series and movies) so I can add one filmstrip control in basichome wich will show most recent movies AND series.

Please let me know if this is something you can work at! :)

Cheers Marcel

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It would be nice if you can add a Control ID (98304 by example) wich mixes both 3 (or atleast series and movies) so I can add one filmstrip control in basichome wich will show most recent movies AND series.
    Hi powermarcel10,

I could probably create another control which could mix the trending shows and movies into one control. I will have a think about it. Could you create a screen capture of where you intend to place it, I might be able to suggest something different.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi powermarcel10,

I could probably create another control which could mix the trending shows and movies into one control. I will have a think about it. Could you create a screen capture of where you intend to place it, I might be able to suggest something different.

Sure! It will look like this;

2eeyagittkk.jpg

So in this case, when the button for MovingPictures is active for a few seconds, "latest added movies" will become visible. when you press left (from movingpictures) you can enter the flimstrip and scroll to the different movies..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just one thing @powermarcel10 , you mention "latest added movies", the trakt plugin currently only has support for trending shows, movies (i.e. what the community is currently watching) and your user activity. Did you expect it to also show the "latest added movies/shows" ?

Technically I could create controls to hold other data such as:
    * Recently Added Shows
    * Recently Added Movies
    * Recently Watched Shows
    * Recently Watched Movies
    * Movie Calendar
    * Show Calendar
    * etc

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @powermarcel10 ,

Assuming you want to show the Trending Shows/Movies facade when you select a Trakt button on BasicHome but only have enough room for one facade, there is another option you can currently do right now.

If you create a checkbutton (ID: 98298), it can control the visibility of the two trending facades. This way you can just show one at a time based on that checkbutton state.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @powermarcel10 ,

Assuming you want to show the Trending Shows/Movies facade when you select a Trakt button on BasicHome but only have enough room for one facade, there is another option you can currently do right now.

If you create a checkbutton (ID: 98298), it can control the visibility of the two trending facades. This way you can just show one at a time based on that checkbutton state.

Thanks. So you mean I need to create a checkbutton in settings by example, and than the user can choose if he like to see trending movies OR series at basichome, depending on the setting he or she has made?

This is actually not what I want.. I can easely make a skinsetting, so the user can define if he would like to see trending movies OR series.. The thing is that I want to let them see both in one control..

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain. :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just one thing @powermarcel10 , you mention "latest added movies", the trakt plugin currently only has support for trending shows, movies (i.e. what the community is currently watching) and your user activity. Did you expect it to also show the "latest added movies/shows" ?

Technically I could create controls to hold other data such as:
    * Recently Added Shows
    * Recently Added Movies
    * Recently Watched Shows
    * Recently Watched Movies
    * Movie Calendar
    * Show Calendar
    * etc

Thanks! "Recently added movies" was more as an example.. Personally I don't care what will be displayed. I think Trending movies/series will be fine. However, Recently watched will be nice too.. It's up to you! :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No worries I understand what you want, from that screenshot how would you handle the trakt button being in the middle? It looks like you need to always have the control on the far left or far right, anything in the middle wouldn't have enough room.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No worries I understand what you want, from that screenshot how would you handle the trakt button being in the middle? It looks like you need to always have the control on the far left or far right, anything in the middle wouldn't have enough room.
    That's right. Don't know if you have tried my skin yet, but it has two pages, just like Titan. Trakt is on the second page and is located left at the first row, so that's no problem. :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had a thought, instead of going horizontally only, why not go both vertically and horizontally?

To give an example from your screenshot, you can show the movies on the top row and shows on the bottom where (Games and Radio) is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom