catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    it´s time to introduce the further enhanced Default Wide skin to be tested by the public ;)
    As you can see from the screenshots it has a new styled background, better visible buttons and list items etc. and fully supports the latest version 0.4.7 of the new World Weather (with Hourly and Graphic preview).
    What you can do: Just drop the content of the attached zip file into your Default Wide skin folder (overwrite).
    What you should do:
    • Copy the skin folder DefaultWide into a new skin folder, e.g. DefaultWideNEW.
    • Then just drop the content of the attached zip file into your new DefaultWideNEW skin folder (overwrite).
    General changes:
    • New background
    • New icons on BasicHome (see first screenshot)
    • New button and list GFX
    • Resized menu BG
    • Adapted the colours of all dialog BGs to fit the new theme
    • New colours in listviews for watched/unwatched/selected items
    • New tile colours for EPG
    • Some font size changes (especially in MyVideos)
    • Better layout for TV Home screen
    • In BasicHome now automatically the Radio icon or the Weather icon is shown, depending on World Weather plugin is installed/enabled or not (replacing the original MP Weather plugin)
    • Coloured the tiles in Sudoku for better readability of numbers
    • When playing music now only the music cover is shown (with access to MyMusic)
    • Additions for latest World Weather 0.5.0 RC (World Weather Media folder *not* included)
    • Rework of MyMusic xmls (now allowing direct access to Radio, Last.FM, Search Music and Lyrics, if these are installed/enabled)
    • Some bugfixing in MyPictures
    • New GFX for picture cover and picture cover mask (smaller rounded edges, therefore nearly no cropping of picture/cd cover content)
    • Rework of all facades for Videos, Pictures and Music
    • Rework of NowPlaying screens
    • New splashscreen
    • New media info logos
    • more media info logos displayed in video osd
    Pls note: These changes will also be applied to Default (4x3) skin, but for testing purposes I only concentrate on DefaultWide.

Let me know what you think about this new look ;)

12-11-39.jpg 16-55-16.jpg 17-13-03.jpg 17-14-05.jpg 18-55-41.jpg ] 13-40-36.jpg 13-40-53.jpg 13-41-01.jpg 13-41-26.jpg 13-41-37.jpg 10-31-46.jpg 10-31-56.jpg 10-32-05.jpg 10-32-17.jpg 10-32-30.jpg 03-10-54.jpg 12-54-08.jpg splashscreen.jpg

Attachments

• New DefaultWide.zip
      3.6 MB

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Default Wide Skin

So this skin is working with 1.2.2 ?

Is it also possible to create a secound folder ( Blue Wide 2 ) for example ? If so we can test the new skin, without breaking the working Skin.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

OFC it works with 1.2.2. And yes, if you want just copy the complete DefaultWide folder to e.g. DefaultWide2, then copy the content of the zip file into this new skin folder ;)
    BTW: The new content from the zip file won´t break anything...

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: AW: New Default Wide Skin

Yes I quite like the look of it! Looks a bit more professional and classy than the current one although still not keen on the basic home icons personally, then just look a bit 'clunky' to me but it's definitely a move in the right direction, good work!

Dudu666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At first thank you and the team members for providing us a new Default Wide skin:D

I will download the provided test files and test it in next days. But I can say that I like the darker background look of updated skin :)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Catavolt are you able to provide also an updated skinfile for Moving-Pictures ? I think the most MePoUsers will use this Plugin.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Tested yesterday ... looks great. Maybe a little bit too dark.
    In Case of dark Channel-Logo´s ... you will be unable to discover the Logo´s

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi catavolt , i did not test it yet ... during install i notest some file's place in wrong folder ..;)

WorldWeather.xml , WorldWeatherImage.xml , WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml , WorldWeatherHolidays.xml , WorldWeatherStarrySky.xml are in 2 place in skin folder and in media folder . (wonder wich are the most update... or they are the same ?)

and yahoo.png , google.png are in 2 place also 1 time in media and 1 time in Media\WorldWeather\Provider folder.

from screenshots look to me little bit to dark skin , but better i test first in action... :)

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom