New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Current MP SVN version is not anymore compatible with the DVBSub filter. Please give me couple of days time to bring all the stuff up to date...

D-Iivil

Portal Member
    September 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Still no subs :|

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

So far I have done:

- fresh clean install of RC2 version of MediaPortal
    - downloaded this: http://day2.no-ip.org/TsReader_DVBSub2_v6.zip
    - did what instructions tells at the first page of this thread
    - downloaded & installed SVN 15813
    - unregistered TsReader.ax & DVBSub2.ax I downloaded earlier
    - registered TsReader.ax & DVBSub2.ax
    - modified MediaPortal.xml located at c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaporta\
    - created c:\useTsReader.txt

Still no subs with YLE channels :-(

Edit: there's one thing I'm not sure about. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit and I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) as said in first post. After I've downloaded installer and ran it from my HDD it starts to install and then comes "configuring windows installer" and there's status bar increasing. After the status bar has finished, the installer just goes away without saying if the installation was compeleted or not. So I'm not sure if I have C++ Package correctly installed. Any idea how to check this?

pmcguire

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The microsoft installer just vanishes without telling you anything, I guess its supposed to do that.
    What I do is I store the tsreader.ax and dvb...ax in c:\temp\MP SUBS then register the files that are in c:\temp.
    Then do a reboot and see how it goes, if you live near Tikkurilla I can come and help you out :p

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

So far I have done:

- modified MediaPortal.xml located at c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaporta\

Edit: there's one thing I'm not sure about. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit and I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) as said in first post. After I've downloaded installer and ran it from my HDD it starts to install and then comes "configuring windows installer" and there's status bar increasing. After the status bar has finished, the installer just goes away without saying if the installation was compeleted or not. So I'm not sure if I have C++ Package correctly installed. Any idea how to check this?

I'm not sure if the Visual C++ 2005 update is needed on Vista, sorry. Could you post the Mediaportal and DVBSub log files?

D-Iivil

Portal Member
    September 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

So far I have done:

I'm not sure if the Visual C++ 2005 update is needed on Vista, sorry. Could you post the Mediaportal and DVBSub log files?

Sure I can. Just tell me where I can find those logs? I looked under MediaPortal's folder and found another folder called "log", but it only included files called "dvb.log" and "vmr9.log".

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I tried this today with Version 6 and MP SVN 15736. No DVB subs were visible on YLE TV1 or TV2 in Finland.

And I didn't find any log entries in MP log files related to this.

DVBSub.log:

17-09-2007 16:16:41 DllMain - called
    17-09-2007 16:16:41 DllRegisterServer - called
    17-09-2007 16:16:41 AMovieDllRegisterServer2 returned 0
    17-09-2007 16:16:42 DllMain - called

useTsReader.txt: Empty

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

So far I have done:

Sure I can. Just tell me where I can find those logs? I looked under MediaPortal's folder and found another folder called "log", but it only included files called "dvb.log" and "vmr9.log".

1) C:\DVBSub2.log
    2) MediaPortal install directory \Logs\MediaPortal.log

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I tried this today with Version 6 and MP SVN 15736. No DVB subs were visible on YLE TV1 or TV2 in Finland.

And I didn't find any log entries in MP log files related to this.

DVBSub.log:

17-09-2007 16:16:41 DllMain - called
    17-09-2007 16:16:41 DllRegisterServer - called
    17-09-2007 16:16:41 AMovieDllRegisterServer2 returned 0
    17-09-2007 16:16:42 DllMain - called

useTsReader.txt: Empty

That DVBSub.log shows that the subtitle filter has been registered, but it has newer been loaded to the inside MediaPortal. Most likely this is caused by the missing entry in the Mediaportal.xml ( see the first post for more information).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom