New Dvico 3.60 drivers (1 Viewer)

Jugular

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
Brisbane - Australia
Hi all, just wanted to let the right ppl know that the new drivers from DVICO 3.60 change the drivers for FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro from BDA drivers to AV Stream capture. So Media Portal no longer picks up the FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro. Media Portal still picks up the DVICO DUAL 4 tuner card as that was already recognised by Media Portal as AV Stream Capture. Lucky I have both. Downloaded the latest SVN runing 2.2.0 and am using TVEngine 2.0 not TVServer 3.0.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeh just found out the hard way. Fresh install with a dvico fusion dual and Mediaportal cant see it with the 3.60 drivers. Im screwed.

Can only pick up one card with the 3.50's

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Don't panic.

We might just need to add a new section to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml ... I have 2 DVICO cards, I'll download the drivers tomorrow and see if I can get it working.

I'll post back if my findings.

Cheers,

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for that.

Ill edit the config to see the new named drivers and see if that helps. I kind of get about 50% of what I have to do.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Does everybody else hate the dvico drivers as much as I do?
    Why on earth do I have to download an 80Mb (or something) file, just to see if the new drivers make my card work better? Whe don't they just make the drivers themselves available rather than treating them like precious gold or something?

I don't want to download and install their entire program, reboot then have to disable all the autostarting crap their software adds just so I can use MP with new dvico drivers.

Jugular

Portal Member
    January 11, 2006
    Brisbane - Australia
    Thanks

Great to hear and-81. Hopefully if is going to be a nice easy fix thanks for the reply. Anyone hear with Dvico cards have stutering during recording when watching another channel. No sure but maybe with 3 tuners may need a better computer>>

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    you can actually use a program like 7-zip to extract the contents of the EXE, take out the driver part and only install those... Not sure if there is anything else special that they install, but might be worth a try, if you want to keep the install minimal.

Hoping new drivers might improve channel changing speed on my Dual 4, but not holding my breath.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Yep now with a dvico dual digital card and new driver 3.60 I can get both tuners to be recognised from the following changes to the capture definitions file. Look for the line with dual 1 and also dual 2 in it with Dvico and do the following

View attachment 4980

Jugular

Portal Member
    January 11, 2006
    Brisbane - Australia
    Very strange my Dual Dvico 4 was picked up with no changes with the new drivers and MP. It was only my Dvico dvb-t plus that will not work.

slipery

Portal Member
    July 5, 2006
    Thargs thanks for the definitons.txt but as I am using the dvbt plus card I dont think they will help me.
    Could someone post changes for the dvico 3.6 drivers for the dvbt plus card please.

Thanks a million Mal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom