New Guy Need Help With Scedules Direct And More (1 Viewer)

Rick19861911

Portal Member
March 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I have been trying many different things to get my MediaPortal set up correctly with partial success. My goal is to run the tv server with Schedules Direct and also to get it configured so I can use my set top box with my blaster. I have been confused a bit with all the different plugins and addons and whether I need to set up the epg before or after the blaster configuration. Currently I have the schedules direct plugin installed and I am able to download my channel lineup just fine. The problem is that I now have two sets of my tv channels showing up in the onscreen tv guide; one set with just the channel numbers showing and the other set with the full information. When I click on the channels with the full info, I get a blank tv screen. The only way I can view a channel is to click on one of the channels with no program info. I went into the server config to see if I could map the whole thing out with no success. When I initially installed the SD plugin, I followed this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mexico-epg-plugin-updated-10-01-2007-a-26951/
. The one part of that post that I am not clear on is where it tells you to "Clear all your channels" Just how do I clear all of my channels?

Again, my goal is to run the tv server with SD and a blaster configuration. I don't mind at all doing a full re-install if someone could guide me on how to set these thing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo
HDD: Dual 250gig Seagate sata running raid 0, 750gig seagate sata
Memory: 4 gigs
Motherboard: intel DG965WH
Video Card: HIS HD2600XT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: Onboard
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage HVR1800
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Blue Ridge Cable
HTPC Case: Nmedia PC
Cooling: Standard fans
Power Supply: Roswell
Remote: Standard MCE remote, and/or Gyration
TV: LG 37" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

jayscot

March 27, 2009
I am also using the Schedules Direct Plugin, and what worked for me was...

-Launch MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration

-Click on the Item on the left side of the window that says "TV Channels" (don't open the sub-menus)

-Then Click a button down at the bottom/middle that says "Clear" / Click yes through the warning dialog

-Click up a little higher on the left on "TV Server"/ open the sub menus till you get your adapter

-Click the button at the bottom-right that says Scan for channels

After All this I usually reboot or restart the tv service. Then the channels magically appear in the guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom