*NEW* IMDb scraper (With localized versions for DE/ES/FR/IT/PT) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess,

However, when I wanted to import the movie "Inglourious Basterds" only the Title, Alternate Titles, Certification and Summary were imported from IMDb.de and no details like actor or director. But after a rescan from IMDb.de the missing information was added correctly.

It could of course have been that you had a minor internet connection problem at the time. That would explain why it worked fine when you refreshed it.

If however you are able to repeat the problem, then I would love to see the log files on that. Reproduction of a problem is first step in solving it, so if you can try that, then I can use those logs to hopefully solve the problem.

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2010
    If however you are able to repeat the problem, then I would love to see the log files on that. Reproduction of a problem is first step in solving it, so if you can try that, then I can use those logs to hopefully solve the problem.

I tried to repeat the problem, but was not able to reproduce it. Before testing I renamed the MovingPictures Database and configured everything from scratch. This time everything worked perfectly and all information was collected from IMDb.de during the first import process.

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2010
    Since yesterday I continued my testing a little bit and imported another 54 movies (overall tested 196 movies) with the IMDb.de Scraper and did not come across any problems.

However, sometimes a few information were missing for some movies like last time, but I could not reproduce the error (rescan worked, reimport worked fine and even renaming the database from MovingPictures and started from scratch worked fine). So maybe it is a connection problem on my side or is it also possible that IMDb refuses too many connection attempts at a time or in a short period of time?

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2010
    Today I tested your Scraper with movies that were released before the German reunification and only in West Germany. Those movies are labeled with "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" at the certification information on IMDb.de ("West Germany" on IMDb.com) instead of "Deutschland" ("Germany" on IMDb.com) when the movie was released after reunification.
    Before testing I expected the Scraper not to work properly in regards of getting the certification information from IMDb.de, but after testing I realised that the Scraper worked very well and got all the needed information including the correct certification from IMDb.de (test was made with movies, that were never imported before and furthermore the MovingPictures database was renamed before, so that I could start from scratch).

So another successful test! :)

P.S.: Two example movies with "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" certification for those, who are interested to test for themselves:

Steiner - Das Eiserne Kreuz (1977)
    Otto - Der Film (1985)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, I'm gonna rename the version on the German scraper then to be in line with all the others, and have it added into the Google SVN. Hopefuly made the cut to still get added into the upcoming v1.0 stable release.

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2010
    Thank you very much RoChess! I cross fingers that the verification of the scraper was still on time, so that the IMDb.de scraper will make it into MovPic 1.0 Stable.

P.S.: The link on your first post for the IMDb.de scraper is pointing to Google SVN Issue #849 instead of #854.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    Is there any chance that the rotten tomotoes scoring could either be integrated as an option, or just fixed? Ive got a funny feeling that RT have changed their xml naming as I simply couldnt get it to work :(

Have posted in the other thread too:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-rating-v1-4-4-a-75637/index4.html#post629457

Cheers RoChess- or anyone else...

I too would like to see the RT script updated... it doesn't seem to be pulling correct scores at all.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    I'm assuming the UK certification he listed refers to the UK style of movie ratings.... I'm from the U.S. so I'd prefer the American certification system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom