*NEW* IMDb scraper (With localized versions for DE/ES/FR/IT/PT) (1 Viewer)

Surferosa

Portal Pro
September 2, 2009
Home Country
England England
Should be a fairly easy fix then- just copy the code from one part of the script over to the other. The xml is really well annotated, so you should be able to get it working fairly easily with a bit of trial and error (just open the xml in notepad).

Langi

Portal Member
October 5, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello!

I recently found out that I have a problem getting the correct language information with german IMDb scraper. Field 'language' in tab 'Movie Manager' for example shows 'nglish' instead of 'English' or 'erman' instead of 'German'. The first character is missing. Can anybody confirm?

RoChess

I'm not very familiar with regular expressions so I hope there isn't something wrong the way I've tested it. I've used function 'rx_language' from your scraper with a part of the HTML-Code from IMDb.de in an online REGEX-Tester. The result is the same (missing first character). Please take a look at the screenshot:

http://langi.heimat.eu/images_temp/Scraper.jpg

Best regards,
Andreas

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
Hi RoChess,

I can confirm the issue, that Langi has described. First I have checked all my already imported movies and the "Language"-Tag was filled in fine, no missing first character.
But then I reimported some of the movies (send back to importer) in order to check, whether I could reproduce the behaviour described by Langi and indeed, now the first character is missing in the "Language"-Tag. To me it seems, like IMDb.de has changed something.

If you need a log for hunting down the bug, just let me know!

Cheers

Langi

Portal Member
October 5, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello!

If somebody needs a quick fix for german IMDB scraper (missing first characters in language-field):
I tried to remove [^\r] (should eliminate carriage returns I think). Now informations are parsed correct again.

Regards,
Andreas

Impreza

Portal Member
May 26, 2010
Home Country
France France
Thanks for the first letter fix ! I also had to remove the question mark to make it work though : [^\r]?

It also works for the French version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom