New Installation and cant hear radio nor watch tv (1 Viewer)

epsilon2

Portal Member
February 27, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i have a new installation of MP 1.2.3. Till yesterday i had no crashes. Than it happens. I get shuttering and connection losses. So i played with the router configuration and it gets better. But this morning after full shutdown of the server and client ill get no sound or motion pictures.

Would be nice if some can watch the logs i dont understand.

regards,

Attachments

• streaming server.zip
    6.2 KB

epsilon2

Portal Member
February 27, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Update 01.09.2012

Hi,

today i was able to use videotext. I still get no tv or radio streamed from server. I dont know why. Cant find any bugs in logs. so deinstalled MP and reinstall it with same issue. Here are new logs. Merit shows no direct show errors.

I would be apreciate to get rid of this problem. Any screwdriver is welcome.

regards,
epsilon2

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Maybe TSReader.ax failed to register that is why you can not play any LiveTV and Recordings.
    See: 2012-09-01 17:27:11.010751 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter: not found

Else I see no error. You could try to register TSReader.ax manually or better make a complete re-install.
    @Owlsroost is the expert here tho. :)

epsilon2

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi holzi,

thx for your fast awnser. stand alone server only or stand alone client only or both?
    cause it is the reader, my idea is the client. allready reinstalled it. it was no solution.
    any sugestions or tutorial how to register tsreader availble?

greeting from hamburg

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TSReader comes with the server. I would try to reinstall both if not too much work.

epsilon2

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i will try to export some parts of configuration. so it is more a word than a sentence. Hopefuly :eek:).

thx for help

epsilon2

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did a BareMetal Reinstall of the Server and Client. No Changes. Still No Tv or Radio. But Videotext.

Here are the new logs.

Any Help to solve this issue would be helpful. BTW there is Network traffic when TV is playing. Sadly no pictures.

regards,
    epsilon2

epsilon2

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

i moved a step forward in my Problem watching TV and hearing Radio. I installed MP 1.2.3 on a virtual Mashine without and promblems. I was possible to wtch TV and hear Radio. So I did a BareMetal Remove on my HTPC and install a fresh MP after a reboot. It follow a testing and configuration. The Problem isnt solved.
    How is Radio/TV Rendering working? Someone has an Idea how to solve it?[DOUBLEPOST=1346677087][/DOUBLEPOST]btw dvd playback is possible

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you running a single seat setup or a multi-seat setup?
    Code:
    2012-09-02 12:01:49.283194 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
    Check the connection string: Server=localhost;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;

If you're running a multi-seat setup (TV Card in another PC then on which your client is running) you can try the following:
    1. Open your Gentle.config file (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal for Windows 7, hidden folder!!)
    2. Look for the line containing the localhost settings and change 'localhost' to the IP adress of your server (192.168.0.251 if i'm correct?)
    3. Try again.

Last edited:

epsilon2

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ahh there seams the problem. I am using SQLServer. Can U tell me how to change it in gentle.cfg?

Code:
                <NamespaceProviders>
                    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.First"  provider="SQLServer" connectionstring="..." />
                    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.Second" provider="SQLServer" connectionString="..." />
                </NamespaceProviders>
                -->
      <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=hello;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=realy;Initial Catalog=MpTvDb;Data Source=PARIS\SQLEUROPA;Connection Timeout=30;" />
      <!--

this seams the right enty for me?

thx for contribution

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom