New installation: watched status lost? (2 Viewers)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
I installed MP 1.8 and MyFilms on a new machine but I forgot to save the watched status first. I use AMC as movies catalog for MyFilms and when I open the XML catalog file in AMC, I can see that all watched movies have the word "true" in the field I choosed to set the watched status (which is the "MediaLabel" field). Still, when I right click a movie in MP, no matter if watched or unwatched, I always get the option "Set as unwatched".
Before formatting the disk to prepare it for the new install, I made a copy of the whole ProgramData\TeamMediaportal\Mediaportal folder. Is there anything in that folder which I can use to restore the watched/unwatched status in the new install?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when I right click a movie in MP, no matter if watched or unwatched, I always get the option "Set as unwatched".
    For the MP base product, there is a setting in "MP Config" that allows you to specify the percentage that MP is to treat as "watched":
    • If the played percentage is less than this setting, "Set as watched" is shown in the context menu.
    • If the played percentage is more that this setting, "Set as unwatched" is shown in the context menu.
    So if all files are showing the latter, it suggests that the setting might be 0%, so check the value of this setting in "MP Config".

If this problem arises in the "Movies" plugin, it may use a different setting, so the above would not explain the result that you are seeing. (I have never used the "Movies" plugin, so cannot help you with that.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. My point is that after the new install ALL movies show up as watched. Even the 20-25 movies I haven't watched yet. This happens regardless of the watched/unwatched status set on the movie catalog (xml). So I guess it has nothing to do with the catalog itself but with the MyFilms plugin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom