NEW: MediaInfo DLL which might solve weird delays (1 Viewer)

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I found a workaround for this. I set the "Automatically Aquire Mediainfo Details from Movies" False in the:
    Advanced Settings -> About Tab -> Advanced Settings.

Now it works without delays and unnecessary disk/network load. I hope it helps.

mars

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Hi Kesar,
    I've tried to follow your advice. But I don't find that setting.
    Can you please describe a bit more precise ?

Thanks

I am still having these delays on my divx-movies, where the audio format isn't shown when pressing Info on the MCE remote.
    The delay is about as long as it takes to copy the movie from the UNC position (about 2 minutes) to the local drive.
    divx-movies with mp3 sound start immediately and so do .ts recordings.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Kesar,

Open MovingPictures configuration, while you are in the "Movie Importer" tab, click on the grey gear icon with the little arrow pointing down and a menu will show. You can disable the "Automatically Retrieve MediaInfo" option by selecting it (it will toggle the checkmark).

Enjoy.

PS: Using the MediaInfo.DLL with the hardcoded 0.3 parse speed settings however also solved the problem for me (I'm actually now running an updated Core.DLL that contains the fix, which you can obtain as well if you know how to compile from SVN code), without loosing MediaInfo functionality. This is because MediaPortal also uses the file, so disabling the setting in MovPic only cures the import of new movies, not the delay before playback starts, because that is due to MediaPortal still using MediaInfo.

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    but a question about the time before display the list of movies... is the same issue as the delay in playing? because for displaying 580 movies it tooks about 2 minutes... and when I try to filter it by pressing any letter on the remote will take about 30-40 seconds per letter...

there is any workaround or any fix?
    I'm using MP based on a NAS connected via Wireless (802.11n)... please let me know.
    Nick

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi Kesar,
    Can you please describe a bit more precise ?

Hi mars,
    Did RoChess's advise help or you still need some print screens to find it?
    Let me know.

Regards,
    kesar

mars

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Hi guys,

I've tried to figure that out. Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I am not using moving pictures at all (and that's why I was confused about the guidance). I am using the basic VIDEO function in MP and there I have that delay problem that I couldn't fix so far.

I thought it might have to do with using UNC rather than mapped drives. However, the reason I am using UNC is that Windows 7 sometimes hasn't remapped the drives after standby yet when MP has alreaday started. It was an advice from this forum to use UNC rather than mappings.

I also found that the delay does not apply to .ts recordings. It only applies to files that have been converted with divx to avi and only those that don't have mp3 audio streams.

Maybe this is the wrong thread to discuss this issue but I someone has seen that problem before...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi guys,

I've tried to figure that out. Maybe there is a misunderstanding. I am not using moving pictures at all (and that's why I was confused about the guidance). I am using the basic VIDEO function in MP and there I have that delay problem that I couldn't fix so far.

I thought it might have to do with using UNC rather than mapped drives. However, the reason I am using UNC is that Windows 7 sometimes hasn't remapped the drives after standby yet when MP has alreaday started. It was an advice from this forum to use UNC rather than mappings.

I also found that the delay does not apply to .ts recordings. It only applies to files that have been converted with divx to avi and only those that don't have mp3 audio streams.

Maybe this is the wrong thread to discuss this issue but I someone has seen that problem before...

You need MediaPortal v1.1.1, so if you are able to compile from SVN you can already obtain it.

The bug report in question is: 0002992: MediaInfo: delay on AVI with AC3 codec introduced after v0.7.26 - MediaPortal Bugtracker

If you are unable to compile your own version, then just be patient, it won't be long before v1.1.1 will be released.

mars

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    :D

Thanks, RoChess,

then I will rather have to wait, becuase I don't compile SVNs by myself.
    Is it just one dll that has to be exchanged ?

mars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom