fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Current Release: 0.7.1
Public Beta

I am going to dispense with the fanfare, but I wanted to quickly announce, a new version of Moving Pictures is available, Moving Pictures 0.7.1. This release primarily focuses on fixing bugs reported in 0.7.0, but there have been a few minor enhancements as well. Specifically, a few new scraper scripts, a tweak to the date sorting logic, and the inclusion of Harley's Blue3wide skin files.

If you would like more details on what has been included in this release, please see the change log on the wiki.

If you are unfamiliar with Moving Pictures you may want to take a peek at the official launch thread for Moving Pictures 0.7, and you may also be interested in visiting our wiki / users guide.

Download
Wiki / User's Guide
Project Page
Skin Designer's Guide
Developer's Guide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not post bug reports in this thread. Either create a new thread on the forums or more preferably, create an issue on our bug tracker. But remeber! Check for other similar bug reports before you post! Please see this thread for more details.

And please post your DEBUG log files (moving pictures.log and error.log) when reporting an error!

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for another great release!

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but I note from the fixed issue 333 "Sorting by date in the GUI will now sort by the date a movie was added to your system (file creation date) rather than the date it was added to Moving Pictures. ". Did this end up becoming a switchable checkbox? Movies I get are often from old sources or extracted from archives, and their date modified stamp does NOT change when copied to my system (maybe this is a Mac thing?). So unless the video file itself was made that same day, the movie will not appear at the top of my newest movies list.

Case in point, I am staring at an AVI created in 2007 that I only got today. I assume this will appear way down my list of 'latest additions'?

Cheers!

jwdaigle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    As far as installation, I just installed 0.7 on a (very) clean build - rebuilt the os etc.

Can I simply install 0.7.1 over 0.7 with no issues?

Have already imported movie collection as well.

Thanks!

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    As far as installation, I just installed 0.7 on a (very) clean build - rebuilt the os etc.

Thanks!

Thats what i did, and the imported database stayed untouched.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks for another great release!

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but I note from the fixed issue 333 "Sorting by date in the GUI will now sort by the date a movie was added to your system (file creation date) rather than the date it was added to Moving Pictures. ". Did this end up becoming a switchable checkbox? Movies I get are often from old sources or extracted from archives, and their date modified stamp does NOT change when copied to my system (maybe this is a Mac thing?). So unless the video file itself was made that same day, the movie will not appear at the top of my newest movies list.

Case in point, I am staring at an AVI created in 2007 that I only got today. I assume this will appear way down my list of 'latest additions'?

Cheers!

Currently there is no checkbox, we were working under the (perhaps mistaken?) assumption that the file creation date would be suitable for everyone. If a checkbox is important to you, create an issue on the bug tracker for it and we will look at implementing it in a future release. To be honest though unless there is just a whole lot of demand this will probably go into 0.8. We are really trying to get 0.7 stable right now so we can move onto new features, so we are pretty reluctant to add any new enhancements from here on out. Add an issue though, and we will see how popular the request is.

Thanks!

Yeah just running the new installer will overwrite changed files, and if you only have the plug-in itself checked, this will only include the DLL. I am pretty confident in the installer, but if you are wary, you can always just grab the zip file.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Personally I would rather a old 2007 movie that I have added to be down the list. In saying that but, Sutekh, you can just change the file date and it should move up the top if you need it up there.

I tried to find a simple way to update the timestamp but on Mac OSX (my client computer and access to my NAS where the videos live) the simplest appears to be running a command from the terminal. I really don't fancy doing that with all the files I get, and I personally don't care if the movie was made in 1963 and the AVI in 1999 - it's new to me if I only just got it, I'd prefer it to be top of the list.

I lodged a request for this.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Personally I would rather a old 2007 movie that I have added to be down the list. In saying that but, Sutekh, you can just change the file date and it should move up the top if you need it up there.

I tried to find a simple way to update the timestamp but on Mac OSX (my client computer and access to my NAS where the videos live) the simplest appears to be running a command from the terminal. I really don't fancy doing that with all the files I get, and I personally don't care if the movie was made in 1963 and the AVI in 1999 - it's new to me if I only just got it, I'd prefer it to be top of the list.

I lodged a request for this.

For the time being you can just manually change the DateAdded field in the MovieManager. The value is cached for several reasons, speed and offline media being the biggest. I'll talk to the team and we will try to schedule the change though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom