New Music Engine (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
After my previously described settings in AC3Filter I finally begin to understand what the setting "liba52"/"libdts" in ffdshow are (corresponding to uncheck "Use SPDIF" in AC3Filter).
Correct me if I'm wrong but with those setting you disable the passthrough of the original audio stream to your external decoder (e.g. Surround-Receiver). Instead the codec itself decodes the audio stream and sends it reencoded in whatever format over your audio connection. But my thinking is that only people with an analog connection from PC to direct inputs on their amplifier (or active loudspeakers) want this.

So the question could possibly be changed to: Why doesn't the SPDIF-output work for us few people when the BASS engine is activated? Is there another app using that audio library to use for crosstesting?

CU

<edit>
Hmm, very interesting. As I found out that Meedio also used the BASS library I searched their forum for similar problems. And there were people with (I would say) the same problem. Those people also used a Terratec card (Does it really have a C-Media chipset? Never looked at it). For solving the problem temporarily they had to disable their sound/music plugins. As final solution someone mentioned to throw the card into garbage can. Now for me that won't be a solution at all.
</edit>

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, I think I finally found the problem.
The BASS engine is definatly causing the trouble. I installed another app using that engine (EvilPlayer). After that I played an AC3-file with ZoomPlayer. That worked as it should (AC3 and DTS). Then I closed ZP and just started EvilPlayer - without actually playing something. Then I fired up ZP with the same file as before... No sound at all.
Reverse test: I closed all apps, started playing the file in ZP (with correct sound) and then I opened EvilPlayer. That threw an error message in EP. Something like "Could not initialize audio hardware".

So what to do with people having that CMedia based hardware???

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Patric,

thanks for your testing.
    So it seems to be related to Terratec hardware.
    i was just thinking of writing a test app for you, but it looks like that you've found a way with Evilplayer and ZoomPlayer.

Well, i see 2 options:
    1. I'll get in touch with the BASS people and explain to them what is happening. maybe we get a patch.

2. i could disable pass, when you start playing a Video in MP. but before doing that i would write a sample app for you, where we can test, similar like your Evilplayer/Zoomplayer test, that disabling BASS is really solving the problem.

regards,

Helmut

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi all,

I think I'am missing something, but I can't find a way to go to music visualization from the MCE remote. The only way I found is to setup the music engine to go to visualization when music starts, but it I get out I can't come back to the viz window.

What am I missing?

Julio

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all,

I think I'am missing something, but I can't find a way to go to music visualization from the MCE remote. The only way I found is to setup the music engine to go to visualization when music starts, but it I get out I can't come back to the viz window.

What am I missing?

Julio

Press the "red" button to enable full screen with the visualisation. pressing it again toggles back to the music list/now playing etc.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Thks Helmut,

Humm, that's propably why I couldn't find. None of my MCE controls have a red button.

Will take a look and see if I can do any mapping.

Thks for the tip.

Julio

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi helmut, greetings from salzburg

can you giv ea short comment on the actual status of visualization.
    in my release the is actually no possibility to activate my gforce visualization (0.2.0.4)
    i think i read it was removed for stbility reasons. will it come back in the next release?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Matis1,

greetings from Vienna. :)
    It'll definitely come back in the near future.

I'm currently working together with Soundspectrum.
    They modified their API to support MediaPortal a bit better.
    I'm just fighting with some crashes when chaning the Visualisations.
    Once this is solved and after a short testing periood, we will release it.

regards,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Music is stoping for no reason often (after playeing 20 to 30 songs). is this a known bug? Or should I start a topic for it?

please start a new topic in the support section and post as much information, including logs to pastebin, as possible.
    I'm playing music for hours without any problem at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom