New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Just tested 0.29 with 2000+ MP3, FLAC and DTS files.
    All tags are detected OK... Only tagless files produce errors (Perhaps the filename can then be used as fallback?)

Yup, we can do that.

P.S: many of the tested files (MP3 and FLAC) had Hebrew name tags, and I saw no problem with the new tag reader (which is one great improvement over the existing tag reader, which doesn't like non-English tags).

Good to hear. Thanks for the report.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Steve

I tessted v0.2.9 again and found only some minor issues:
    1. Genre is not read correctly - I think the problem is because the Picard tagger by Musicbrainz does not write the Genre tag. So it is still in ISO when the other tags are UTF-8. I know the issue is lying at Musibrainz' Picard, but other tagger read it correctly. ;) I am just searching the worst case for your tag-reader.
      Files: genre1.mp3, genre2.mp3
    2. Year tag is not read
      Files: noyear1.mp3, noyear2.mp3, noyear3.mp3
    3. MusicBrainz Picard writes the Album Artist in the tag field "MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST". Would it be possible if found no field "ALBUM ARTIST" to check if "MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST" is present.

Now you ask why i do i use picard when it make such problems, but MP scrobbles music to last.fm. The future plansa at last.fm are that they use MusicBrainz data for disc-data lookup. To tag your files with data of Musicbrainz automatically their tagger Picard is needed. And the circle is closes. Hope you understand what i mean.

Keep up your wonderful work

Best regards
    chefkoch

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Hmm, that is considerably slower. What kind of files (mp3, wma, ogg, ape, etc) are they?

Those are strictly mp3 files. But they are rather large compilations (1.5 hour+=100 MB+ each).

The errors on covers are similiar to:

9/12/2006 7:06:28 PM Reading tag 105 (D:\medianew\loveparade\Westbam And The Love Commitee - United States Of Love (Love Parade 2006).mp3)
    9/12/2006 7:06:28 PM Utils.GetImage caused an exception: Parameter is not valid.

_man_

Portal Member
    June 20, 2005
    Paris
    Hi There,

I tested it on half my music files (one of my HD) : 7500 files, 95% WavPack plus some mp3 and mpc. All of them were tagged with foobar.

Everything is perfect, especially all tags with ö, à, é, è, ê, ô, etc. are properly read. WavPack durations are correct as well. Welldone !!

Would this tag reader be part of the v0.2.0.5 patch ?

Edit : Steve, are you interested by the log file?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    no the tagreader will not be part of the 0.2.0.5 patch.
    I'm currently integrating it into SVN and will most probably make it available by tommorow. Too late for the 0.2.0.5.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm using the latest SVN, and the new tagreader is working just as well integrated in MP as standlone. A BIG THANK YOU to SteveV for the great reader and also a big thanks to hwahrmann for the integration. At last I don't have to use winamp or winmp to play rips of my latest cd's. I'm happy! :)

_man_

Portal Member
    June 20, 2005
    Paris
    Pb with wv& mpc files tagged in APEv2

Well on my side, the tagreader integrated MP is working as standalone but for mp3 files ony.

The WavePack and few MusePack are considered by the tagreader, but within My Music they all appear under the last album of the first artist. In my case, this is AC/DC - For those about to rock.

This appends with SVN 10565, SVN 10576. I also tried to erase first MusicDatabaseV7.db3 and then re-populate the database, but this didn't solve the problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom