New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

stounedi

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Netflix has been released in Finland too. Would this plugin work for finnish users too (I've read about the API problem) or should we wait for a possible web player implemention?

JamesLyden

November 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After reading through the whole thread, I',ve come to the conclusion that I've got a new and novel issue -- I'm unable to successfully authorize. I click the Authorize button, then allow access in the browser window that pops up, then click Retrieve. I've tried it multiple times, even across multiple Windows accounts, but still no joy. Can anyone set me right?

mail_dkmaste

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Problems

I copied the file "microsoft.mshtml.dll" to
    \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
    folder, now I was able to click "authorize now"
    and login to Netflix.

The I clicked "Yes, Link my account",
    and in Netflix configuration i clicked "retrieve authorization".

But I remains "Not Authorized" in Netflix configuration,

why????

maso

Portal Member
    August 11, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm having the same problem, and I was wondering if anyone can report their Netflix plugin working right now?

I had been using "My Netflix" and it quit working last week. This one is likewise having issues, and I'm thinking it's related to something someone posted on the My Netflix thread:

As you may recall, the Netflix API team announced in June (http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/Upcoming_Changes_to_the_Netflix_API_Program) that we will be changing the access domain for the public API from api.netflix.com to api-public.netflix.com. While many of you have migrated successfully to the new domain, we are still seeing API calls from a number of keys.
    It is important for the infrastructural health of the API to complete this migration as quickly as possible. As a result, we will be definitively turning off access to api.netflix.com on Wednesday, November 7th. After that time, all API requests to api.netflix.com will result in 404 errors. Please make sure that you modify your applications accordingly to avoid any interruptions in service.

Could it be that somewhere the domain name for the API needs to change from api.netflix.com to api-public.netflix.com?

JamesLyden

November 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Good call, maso. I got it to work by adding the IP for api-public.netflix.com in my hosts file for api.netflix.com. In other words, I added the following line to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts:

Code:
    64.94.14.22 api.netflix.com

Now I'm authorized! Clearly the permanent approach is to change the URL the plugin uses, but as a quick fix, this ought to do...

maso

Portal Member
    August 11, 2012
    Home Country
    That hosts addition works for me too, JamesLyden! Thanks!

I can also report that it got "My Netflix" working again too.

Now I just need the time to get this plugin all squared away as my replacement for it.

aherbjornsen

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've installed the plugin and after reading this thread I have successfully authorized it.

The plugin now starts, but I get 0 results when searching and my Instant Queue is seemingly empty (it is not).

I am running MP 1.3 Alpha, is that a problem?

m800sweden

November 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get the green light of authorization, but when i click OK an error appears, it says "Could not find a part of the path: C:\ProgramData\... and points to the media portal netflix.xml file.. Could it be because i have mediaportal and all plugins on D: instead of C: in a multiboot windows setup??? Note: i tried creating folders and copyed the xml file to the C: , but then another error saying it´s being used by another process?? I also get error if i don´t touch the authorization page but try to change the plugin name and then click ok.. Any thoughts?? I have WinXP SP3, mediaportal 1.2.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom