New Netflix Plugin (2 Viewers)

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is Hulu possible for you to get working or do they not have an open API?

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great plugin, keep up the good work, A couple of issues, I have attached screen captures, is there any way this can be resolved? Why do i not see the plugin like the screenshots you provide? I have copied the netflix xml into the skin directory.

And apart from losing the mouse curser and random crashes when escaping from video, its great!

I look forward to any suggestions you may have to sorting my problem.

What skin are you using? different skins use different images etc that the plugin uses. If you use something other then default wide you may have to change the dimensions in the skin file.[DOUBLEPOST=1350425535][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Is Hulu possible for you to get working or do they not have an open API?

They don't have an open api but I am able to reverse engineer there link scheme so I can generate links given a video ID right now Im working on the ability to search for shows.

browuk

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    What skin are you using? different skins use different images etc that the plugin uses. If you use something other then default wide you may have to change the dimensions in the skin file.

Using Default Wide so thats weird. Have also tried the Black Nova HD which shows up very similar just different colours and then a list of button1 all down 1 side.?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Using Default Wide so thats weird. Have also tried the Black Nova HD which shows up very similar just different colours and then a list of button1 all down 1 side.?

Ya, I get the same thing... a line of entries all saying Button 1..... I'm glad you posted, because I just assumed it was something in my setup alone given all the people saying it's working fine.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

Just tried out the new Netflix plugin........and i'm not as impressed as others - But all new things need to start off somewhere:)

This plugin is not a stable 1.0 release.

Not stable
    -Missing mshtml file crashes mediaportal config, when trying to login on Netflix.
    -Missing Default Skin file, due to wrong placement of xml file.

1.0 Release? Should have been called 0.5
    -Basically you only have Search & Queue functionality - And they don't work great.

Nevertheless I appreciate the work done, and will like to come up with some ideas how to improve features for a hopefully upcoming release.
    Some of the features may not be available through the existing API, so this is all opinions from my end user perspective.
    • Genres
    • Quick filtering between all/genres such as:
      • Most popular 7 days
      • Most popular 2012(last year)
      • Most popular all time
      • Most popular(Country)
      • Recently added(World Wide)
      • Recently added(Country)
      • Top Rated
      • Rating
    • Series/Movies button - Hot swap between Movies and TV-series.
    • Choose default Subtitle
    • Choose default Audio
    • What is friends watching right now? (Even possible?)
    Other things:
    • As an Danish Netflix user, it seems, that I cannot search for Danish title names - Probably due to automatic localisation when navigating through a browser. Possible to fix through the API?
    • When searching through titles a LOT of movies is not available - Is this again due to non-localisation in API/Plugin? Then i get hits for movies that are not licensed in Europe/Denmark?
    • Direct trailer link?
    • Possible to select audio/subtitles with default MePo buttons?
    • IMDB Scraper with an option to filter Movies/Series above/below a specific rating.
    I can probably dig a lot of other feature requests up if your interested..........So what about creating a project at Codeflex or Google Code to keep track of bugs and feature requests, and maybe other developers can join if you want?
    P.S Can you please update First post with the 2 fixes for 1.0 ? - Had to look through all 6 thread pages:-(
    /Morten

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Finally got time to uploading the plugin from my development machine to my HTPC.

I had to change the skin again to accomodate the latest changes.

After playing around a bit more these are my ideas:

I love the simplicity of your plugin, I think sometimes you can over populate a plugin with to many options. Saying that:

1) When searching a box is displayed alerting you of the search process this disappears and then it can take upto 5 seconds before any results are shown making you think it's either crashed or their were no results. Therefore is their a way to speed up this process or keep the box on screen until the search is complete.

2) When clicking next, previous the box reappears as if it's searching again, in the first release this didn't happen it was instant, also the result count doesn't quite show the correct information.

3) The internal player, is difficult to control, and I therefore suggest again pushing out the video to a web browser of the users choice (removes the MSHTML issue), I could then view the video in a browser that is more controllable (i.e. I use KYLO). You could pass the video URL to the browser hide mediaportal, bit like the "Multishortcut" plugin, and the old MYNetflix plugin.

The source code for both of these can be found at:
    Code:
    https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/

Also along with the "Search" and "Queue" button add another button labelled "Browse Netflix" or similar that takes you to the netflix website in the same choice of browser, if the user wants to browse the whole site for suggestions etc........

4) if you did not have the inclination or time to do these, maybe think about open sourcing the code so users could add/subtract the features they require, and or assist you on the development.

I think with these features/changes the plugin would be friendly and useful, and a great asset to mediaportal.

Thanks.

Dave.

XSnowmanDK

Portal Member
    April 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can't get this to work at all...
    I get an error as soon as I try to enter my NetFlix account information.
    See the screenshot below. I use MP v1.2.3.
    MPNetflixPlugin.PNG

Alverez

October 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can't get this to work at all...
    I get an error as soon as I try to enter my NetFlix account information.
    See the screenshot below. I use MP v1.2.3.
    View attachment 112918

Please read a few pages back...
    After installing the patch for netflix login I can log in but now I can't get verification. I get the error message about netflix.xml. See attachment.

Attachments

• FreeScreenVideoRecorderImage.png
      FreeScreenVideoRecorderImage.png
      9.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom