kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: New plugin : DreamDboxTV

Hi l3g0r,

this plugin has been discontinued. There have been a lot of changes in the vlc player. Also the MP is changing quite a bit.
I still have a DBox and a Dreambox in my home but anyhow I had quite a lot of problems to get a STABLE stream from it.

Maybe someone will keep over but I believe newer technologies are more interssting at this point.

Cheers
kroko

hfmls

Portal Member
March 10, 2009
do you guys know if there is any plugin with current support like this or anything like vu+ client for XBMC, but for mediaportal?
thank you in advance.

QuickJack

Portal Member
January 31, 2008
I still own a Nokia DBOX2. I have never spent the money for a Dreambox. Theses boxes were always heavily overpriced in my opinion. But anyway, there are lots of plugins in MediaPortal and/or XMBC which allow you to watch "on demand". This is exactly what I am doing nowadays. TV isn't interesting for me any more.

However, if you still want to watch TV, I suggest you to buy a cheap USB/DVB-S2 adapter for about 50 EUR. It does everything your Dreambox does and more.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    do you guys know if there is any plugin with current support like this or anything like vu+ client for XBMC, but for mediaportal?
    thank you in advance.

Use your dreambox like a tuner in Mediaportal.

Read this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

I use "DreamBox Playlist creator" (Google is your friend ;) ) to create .m3u list.
    Then i use this list to scan with IPTV Tuner in Mediaportal, and voilà i use Normal Live TV, but the tuner is my dreambox.

pontusson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2011
    thank you in advance.

Read this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

I use "DreamBox Playlist creator" (Google is your friend ;) ) to create .m3u list.
    Then i use this list to scan with IPTV Tuner in Mediaportal, and voilà i use Normal Live TV, but the tuner is my dreambox.

Hi Razorbakmax is it possible to view some example lines from your m3u-file? When I googled your suggested frase I only found some french software but it's trying some invalid file and I can't figure out which one it's supposed to get. I then found a script (genm3u) which worked fine with VLC, changing channels and all but MP only gets "no signal" and "no PMT found" in log. Just wanted to compare with your m3u-syntax. Thanks.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    thank you in advance.

Hi Razorbakmax is it possible to view some example lines from your m3u-file? When I googled your suggested frase I only found some french software but it's trying some invalid file and I can't figure out which one it's supposed to get. I then found a script (genm3u) which worked fine with VLC, changing channels and all but MP only gets "no signal" and "no PMT found" in log. Just wanted to compare with your m3u-syntax. Thanks.

Hi,
    download this software http://www.vodobox.com/download/VDDBxPlaylistCreator.zip to create .m3u list from your dreambox bouquet.
    You must also change files in TVserver. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-ip-mediaportal-iptv-source-filter.96726/

Razorbakmax

Attachments

• 1.Generaliste.zip
      792 bytes
    Last edited:

pontusson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2011
    Vodobox is the one thats not working for me but man now I feel stupid cause during all my attempts last night with this I missed the part bout replacing TV-server files. 5 minutes later and everything works :) Thanks again

switchcore

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This sounds very interesting.
    Do i still have to change some files in tvserver or is it implemented in mp 1.5?

And could someone describe a little bit how it all works?
    The link is to a thread that is 53 pages and its hard to sort out what's relevant.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Do i still have to change some files in tvserver or is it implemented in mp 1.5?

The link is to a thread that is 53 pages and its hard to sort out what's relevant.

Hi, no need to replace files in tvserver anymore. Now it's include in mp 1.5

Use "DreamBox Playlist creator" (Google is your friend ;) ) to create .m3u list.
    After that, copy this .m3u filesin ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Setup TV\tuning\iptv
    then scan the channels using this files !!

switchcore

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi, no need to replace files in tvserver anymore. Now it's include in mp 1.5

Use "DreamBox Playlist creator" (Google is your friend ;) ) to create .m3u list.
    After that, copy this .m3u filesin ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal Setup TV\tuning\iptv
    then scan the channels using this files !!

Thanks.

That sounds great!
    Must get the time to try this out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom