• I do not know ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuickJack

Portal Member
January 31, 2008
Hi bahoiz,

I am not using MediaPortal 1.1.0 because it's not an official release and I definitely do not want to reinstall everything loosing all of my configuration settings.

It is also true, that the original programmers of the MyDreamDbox plugin might have never heard of something like exception handling :oops: As a result most communications problems with the Box will result in a .Net Exception Message box. However, in most cases it should be enough to simply click "Continue".

After installation of the plugin, the first thing you have to do, is to start "MediaPortal Configuration". There you have to set up the IP address of the box. Furthermore, you should click "Get Bouqet from receiver" to read the actual bouquet list. If this doesn't work, you are unable to communicate with you box and it doesn't makes sense to start it from MedaiPortal.

Greetings,
QuickJack

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i dont if this helps mate i followed the instructions the configuration works fine along with the bouquets

but when i enter mediaportal i get this error

here is the screenshot

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      193.5 KB

QuickJack

Portal Member
    January 31, 2008
    Hi papas,

thank you for doing a test and sending a screen shot.

I see that communications with your box is generally working. However, reading back the bouquet list is done without the use of the VLC plugin.

If you access the MyDreamDboxTV plugin from within MediaPortal it tries to use the VLC COM-component which is obviously causing an exception on your machine.

To resolve this problem, I suggest doing the following:

(1) It is important to note, that the COM-component inluded in VLC 1.0 is totally different to previous versions of VLC. As a result, running the MyDreamDboxTV plugin on a machine which has the VLC 1.0 COM-component registered, causes problems
    (2) You must install VLC 0.8.6 AFTER VLC 1.0. If you don't want to do that, there's fix. You must manually register/ unregister the COM-components. This is described in the next step.
    (3) Start MediaPortal and try again to access the MyDreamDboxTV plugin. You should not see any exceptions.

To manually registering/ unregistering VLC COM-components:
    1.) Click "Start>Run" and enter "cmd"
    2.) Change to the folder were you installed VLC 1.0 and enter "regsvr32 /u axvlc
    3.) Change to the folder where you installed VLC 0.8.6 and enter "regsvr32 axvlc

Greetings,
    QuickJack

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    yep its working mate!
    cheers for the great work.

a dreambox plugin is the only thing missing from mp at the moment

btw im using 1.1.0 beta along with streamedmp 0.96
    dm500 with gemini

will you be adding timeshifting and epg in the future?

cheers again for all your work

raisch

Portal Member
    November 18, 2006
    i am running mp 1.0.2 and i still get the error:

System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Collections.ArrayList MediaPortal.Util.VirtualDirectory.GetDirectory(Sys tem.String)".

raimund

QuickJack

Portal Member
    January 31, 2008
    Hey papas,

I am happy that it is working on your machine, too. It would be nice, if someone could test it on the Q-Box. This box seems to be really nice and it's much cheaper than a Dreambox. I still have my old DBOX-2 which is still a good box if you don't need HDTV.

I will try to improve exception handling first. MediaPortal should not crash in case of an error with the plugin. Instead, the user should receive a meaningful error message.

EPG ist already working for the currently running program. I have an MCE remote and if I press the "I"-button, I can see the EPG description for the active program.

By the way, I still do not have access to the SVN repositories. Without that, the changed source code is only stored on my local hard disc!

Greetings,
    QuickJack

Hi raisch,

you will not get this error, if you use the correct DLL.

You may have an old DLL left within you MediaPortal directories. In this case, the plugin should be listed multiple times within MediaPortal. You should try to delete all old MyDreamDbox.dll files and try to reinstall my version of the plugin.

There are only minor differences between MediaPortal 1.01 and 1.02. So the plugin should work in MediaPortal 1.02, too.

Greetings,
    QuickJack

banga

Portal Member
    December 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hi when i start dreambox plugin i get pop up message with error
    2zhnl0k.jpg

could someone help me about that

tnx

Users who are viewing this thread