• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nyx

Portal Member
May 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
billysate
Working on it, actually, I think I left some makeshift test code for crop & aspect in the fix release yesterday
so keyboard s and c buttons should change aspect and cropping, didn't add zoom thou.

Showboy
could you post your logfile? located in the mediaportal directory, subfolder logs, there should be a file named dbox.log there, post it here

Showboy

Portal Member
November 10, 2007
#nyx

Hmm i dont have a subfolder in my mediaportal directory, when i search for dbox.log my pc cant find it :(

i have followed the install instruction on the readme file

Code:
install VLC with the ActiveX component
Copy the two dll and all other folders into the root folder of the MP.

steviebee_uk

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Hi,
Can I ask what image everyone is using on their Dbox2? I seem to have a lot of problems with the plugin - When I change channels it just stops streaming and I need to reboot the dbox2 to even watch it through my T. Does anyone else get these problems?

I have a nokia dbox2 2x and have tried the latest Commando 9.25 image and also Blade Trinity 2.2

nyx

Portal Member
May 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Showboy
default path for mediaportal and its log directory is:
%programfiles%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

The file you're looking for is MyDBox.log

steviebee_uk
Has the problem occurred in a recent release of the plugin?, or have you always had these problems? does those images use enigma or neutrino? And could you post your log?

I might have tweaked some delays a bit to much (again), if the problems began in any of the november releases

Showboy

Portal Member
November 10, 2007
#nyx

The plugin works now on my htpc, there was a problem with VLC, i do a fresh install of vlc and now i can watch tv on my Htpc..

Keep up the good works !!

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi steviebee_uk,

I'm using a Dbox2. Right now I'm using a Petze Image which works quit well.
I know there has been some timing problems so far. Right now me and nyx combine the source.

Try my test version here. (only the dll)

Greetz
kroko

billysate

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
Zeeland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,
I'm using the plug-in for about one week, and have some things that would be important for making the plug-in user friendly.

It would be nice to have:

* shortening the zap time to a minumum. (the zap time in the 7025 WebIF is a lot shorter than this plug-in. ) the zap time is now about 7 seconds, but in the webIF it is only 2 or 3 seconds.
* Zoom functions (just like in MyTV control with the blue button on a MCE remote)
* support for another player (for example media player classic 123) instead of VLC. why? see next:
* Support for HD streaming (my 7025 can, and does stream HD from DVB-C to my PC, but VLC doesn't seem to support the H.264 stream very well, I do get it working perfect on mediaplayer classic with the right codec. the streaming of 720p HD material will take about 80% precessor load on my PC (15 mbit/s H.264 stream)
* get rid of the white VLC plug-in screen. (my TV is 1,7 meters, and it is kind of blinding...) it is more nice if the screen would be simple full black in times of channel change. may be this is solved when MPC is supported.
* freely assignable viewing time for the EPG on screen info bar.

Thanks for the good work already!!! I really apreciate the fast response!

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi billysate & pisdu,

we are currently quite busy with "real" things. Of course we are planning to improve the plugin as soon as possible.

For the vlc player I can tell you it was quite a problem to get it working in all cases. On the dbox side switching to fast destroying the stream interface. So I was getting blocks and green fields... So I tweaked it with some delays to stop / pause / play / pause and so on. Also I needed to destroy the player instance every time because the format of the stream maybe change. Thats why the time for zapping is quite long. On the dreambox it might be possible to speed it up. Maybe nyx can do some test on it later. Adding crop or aspect ratio buttons is quite easy in vlc and will be added I hope in the next version.

One of the big task would be to add a facade view for the EPG. But thats a lot of code to look on it. So there will be nothing soon. Another task could be try to use a different player to display the stream.

Just now facing Christmas we are all quite busy. So do not expect too much now. Still I hope you still enjoy this plugin as it is now. Thank you for your support ! Good ideas will be kept for future development.

Greetz
kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom