[New Plugin] Flash Games 1.0.0.7 (2 Viewers)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If it works in configuration it will should work in the plugin,. You may need to give me your sites config so I can test.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This was in the error log:

2015-01-29 12:37:38,405] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at FlashGames.MediaPortal1.FlashGamesGUI.OnListControl()
    at FlashGames.MediaPortal1.FlashGamesGUI.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    [2015-01-29 12:37:48,152] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at FlashGames.MediaPortal1.FlashGamesGUI.OnListControl()
    at FlashGames.MediaPortal1.FlashGamesGUI.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)[DOUBLEPOST=1422557592][/DOUBLEPOST]And here is my sites file:

<sites>
    <site name="Super Mario" url="http://sdgpub/videos/SuperMarioFlash.swf" gameBaseUrl="">
    <description>Super Mario Flash</description>
    <imageUrl><![CDATA[\\carepoint\Documents\FlashImages\SuperMario.jpg]]></imageUrl>
    </site>
    </sites>

Last edited:

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    That is a local server on my network. However, I have the same issues if I use the supplied sites file. I can't play those files either.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like it's loosing the link. I've tried some smart link handling but it's not perfect. If none of the supplied sites aren't working it's will be something on your system. I'll be more help when I get hm.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. The plan is to offer this to sick kids. We would place the system on a touch screen mounted to a swing arm. They would access it while receiving treatment (like chemotherapy or dialysis). I've mostly got a working prototype using the PureVisionHD skin. I'm just trying to add some games to the mix.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok the whole setup wasn't suited to non web based games. I have changed a few things and the plugin is now working well, just have to now create a plugin config file, maybe implement a downloader and then I can upload a new update in a few days. So in the end all you will have to do is enter the path to your games folder.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also here only some of the supplied sites don't work, could you please confirm they all don't work?

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    That sounds good. I really like the idea of pointing to a folder. I'll do some testing with the supplied sites and let you know what I find out. I suspect that I might have firewall issues on those. The link I sent earlier is internal to our network, so the firewall issue doesn't apply on those.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I've managed to make "some" headway. I've been able to get some of the supplied sites to work now, so the player is working. However, I still have not been
    able to get anything to play from my local web server.

My FlashGamesSites.xml file now looks like this:

<sites>
    <site name="Super Mario" url="http://sdgpub/videos/SuperMario.htm" gameBaseUrl="">
    <description>Super Mario</description>
    <imageUrl><![CDATA[\\carepoint\Documents\FlashImages\SuperMario.jpg]]></imageUrl>
    </site>
    </sites>

And the SuperMario.htm file I'm referencing looks like this:

<head>
    <title>Flash Game: Super Mario</title>
    </head>
    <frameset>
    <frame src="SuperMarioFlash.swf" name="main" />
    </frameset>
    </html>

The file does play inside a browser, but does not play in the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom