[New Plugin] MPRemote S - iPhone Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

zbigi

December 8, 2007
Hallo,
kleines Problem: habe die App upgedatet, leider habe ich übersehen, dass sie nur mit der neuesten Version arbeiten kann. Aus technichen Gründen bin aber momentan auf die ältere, 1.3 Version angewiesen.
Wie kann ich an die vorherige Version 1.1.1 heran kommen? Könnten Sie mir dabei helfen?

Kurze Info wäre klasse, danke im Voraus!

Grüße

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo zbigi,
ein Downgrade geht nicht so ohne weiteres. Ich könnte dir (sind wir per du?) ein Installer File schicken, das du dann mit iTunes installierst. Hast du Skype?

d0ne

Portal Member
December 24, 2008
Wow, swipe to navigate works surprisingly good.
Awesome App :) Keep on the good work!

/Edit:
Just a quick question:
Are you planing an iPad App as well?

Answered it by myself, just a page break away :D

Last edited:

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
hey d0ne!
Thank you for your feedback :) I really appreciate it! Yes iPad version is in the making + new iPhone Version with more advanced features. Just takes some times as I can only work on it on the weekends and not every weekend I have time...

PS: We are always happy about a review in the appstore.. we hardly have any reviews :(

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    A few things make this program a not 100% satisfactory experience. So I started by downloading the app from the app store (for which I paid 1.99) having a paid app I would expect a higher level of professionalism. The splash screen on my iphone made reference to a site called http://mediaportalemote.com/. Which of course doesn't exist. To a less experienced user they might get stumped. A link to the site should be provided so you can jump straight there.
    I'm also a bit confused as to why I have to install a server component when your app could make use of the WiFi Remote plugin which exposes a BonJour service can your app not work in a similar fashion to Couch Potato.

This might have been fine if the link above the text on the FRONT page of your website that say "Download the MPRemote Server Installer from this page and execute it. The Installer will take the rest." had not failed miserably. When I click on Install button I get a page that says about:blank . Then there is the whole confusion as to two different servers being available and I have to work out which one I need to install. Why don't you use the MePo installation mechanism and work it out that way.

Overall a pretty poor experience and I wish I had paid 2 dollars for an app that I cant really be bother anymore, you broke my trust. Life's too short and Mediaportal has been too unkind in the past. I would not recommend this software in its current state. A month has gone by for these problems not to have been addressed.

Yours annoyed and frustrated.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Directly from the website mediaportalremote.com:

IMPORTANT ! there a 2 servers available.
    • New MP Plugin Server for MediaPortal 1.6 Stable and 1.7 Beta, Only use with MP Remote S 1.2 or later.
    • Old Server Compatible with all major MP Versions (1.2, 1.3., 1.4, .1.5)

And no, I don't work on it nor do I know that guy.
    Being frustrated or pissed is one thing, making stuff up is quite another.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2013
    Würzburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @spachti - Thank you. :) We thought that the description makes it clear which server to choose. Someone who handles with MediaPortal should be used to installers, different versions and descriptions that help him to choose the right one...

@catch22:
    "Website is not reachable":
    Of course the website is reachable. Just checked it 5 minutes ago. Maybe you had bad luck and the site was in maintenance?! No idea but it is definitely online.

" have to work out which one I need to install"
    As mentioned above: The description is clear which installer to choose.

"why I have to install a server component when your app could make use of the WiFi Remote plugin"
    The reasons are simple. The WIFIRemote plugin is not as good documented as I hoped it would be and after hours of >try and error< I decided to write it by myself and just focus on functionality we need. You could manage it to install the Bonjour service, the wifi remote plugin and even configured it correctly but you complain about installing a self configuring plugin? That makes no sense. You could drop the bonjour service from your system and uninstall WIFIRemote if you decide for one remote... Your system would be sleeker

" I wish I had paid 2 dollars for an app that I cant really be bother anymore"
    Oh yes... two Dollars.. the old discussion. With that you really got me and this is the last time I will discuss on it:
    What is an app worth that made dozens or hundreds of hours of work? It seems that a daily package of cigarettes that poisons you has more value (don't actually know if you're a smoker but I think you get the idea). Or people have money for an super expensive iPhone where you mostly pay for the brand and not on functionality or hardware... But then affording an app for one or two dollars is hardly standable..
    Some people forget that apps are a lot of work and you have running costs (Apple Developer Program / Website Hosting / Energy and TIME)...
    Yes - we app developers are all super rich I forgot. Sorry that is something that pisses me off very bad. People have money for all kind of things but not for useful and honest work.
    PRO TIP: Next time when you are frustrated because of an app: there is a money back functionality in the app store. Apple gives you your 2 Dollars back if you are unsatisfied with an app...

"you broke my trust"
    I am sorry to hear that why did you wait a month without contacting our support?

In general: If you have any issues with the remote you can contact us directly over facebook (we included the link in the app).
    We spend a lot of time with working on it. We have plans to extend the app as the iOS users don't have much choice on remote using MediaPortal and we want to change it. Please leave the app installed and wait for updates. The next version is in the pipeline and has some awesome features everyone with music on the mediacenter will love. If you have any problems with make the app run - contact us over Facebook.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom