New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate (2 Viewers)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

It has been a while since I have used this plugin due to the flashing timeline issue in XP, but I now have Win 7 so thought I would give it another go. It is definitely a superb addition to my system but I have two new bugs and one new feature request.

Bugs:
    1) If I do all my cutting then select "Save Video", but then decide that I want to cancel it, when I click "cancel" the system often brings up an on-screen menu which is then stuck on the screen until you completely quit MP (I am using the StreamedMP Skin Files with X-Factor). When I quit MP there is a windows error message relating to the VideoRedo software closing unexpectedly.

2) I have found that after using MyVideoReDo, if I try to play any mkv blueray rip with HD-Audio that it stutters heavily. This tends to only happen if I have used MyVideoReDo to save a file to H264 TS format and doesn't happen if I save to Mpeg TS format. Could it be that the VideoReDo software is not closing correctly when the MyVideoReDo plugin is exited? The stuttering playback is resolved by a system reboot but the problem re-occurs after I run MyVideoReDo the next time.

Feature Request:
    1) It would make life much easier if when the user selects "Store Here" (the last selection before the file saving process starts) the system should then prompt you and ask which format you wish to store the file in. Currently this has to be done using a submenu during the cutting process, and it is very easy to forget. It would be even better if the plugin config could enable the user to set a list of "approved file types" as really I would only like to select from one or two rather than the list of 15 or so types available.

Thanks

Robbo100

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hy robbo

For the first Bug i need a Debuglog.

The second bug i very interresting, because you are are the First user with this bugreport. Maybee i can see it in the log. Normali VideoRedo close right.

The point of the feature: you can select your favorite profile in the config.

Greetings
    Sascha

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Sascha - I hope you are well.

Sorry I didn’t post the logs. I will try to recreate both problems and then post the logs in the next couple of days.

Regarding the video format, I am happy that I can set my preferred setting in the configuration, but I think it needs to be slightly different for many users. I record both MPEG TS files (from Standard Definition TV) and H.264 TS files (from High Definition TV). If I set H.264 TS as my default file format and use it to edit an SD TV programme, rather than doing a quick stream copy joining the video together, the system has to transcode the video file, which takes ages. If I set MPEG TS as my default format and then edit an H.264 TV programme, then the same is the case.

Because the option to change file format is buried in a sub-menu it is easy to forget, and once you have forgotten you have to cancel the save process and start from the beginning again (making sure you remember to select the correct file format the second attempt). (Also, as a side discussion, when you cancel the video saving process, it would be better if the screen returned to the cutting screen and automatically deleted the automatically inserted end-cut, so that you don’t have to re-set all the cut marks again if you want to re-attempt saving the file – currently it returns to the main plugin start screen).

I think it would be nice if in the config screen (where the default file format is selected), an option like “Prompt user to select file format every time a video is saved” was available which the user can tick (or not - if they only every use one file format). Each of the listed formats in the config could have a tick box next to them, under the heading “show this format as available to the user”, so the user can select the two or three preferred formats from the list. Then, if the user prompt option is selected, when “Save Video” is selected when running the plugin in MP, a menu should pop up saying “Select File Format” with a list of formats below (the list including only those file formats as available to the user). By doing this, the user will never forget to set the correct file format.

Does this make more sense?

Thanks

Robbo100

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hy robbo100

An Option in the Config "Prompt user to select file format" is a goog idea. I will make this change to the next version.
    When the user click "Save video" i can make a MessageBox and prompt the user "Do you like change the File-Format?" and use the second line to type there a actual fileformat what is using.

Good Idea

@all
    Are there any other Bugs?

Greetings
    Sascha

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

NoFear23m has released a new version for use with MP starting with 1.2.1. (Downloads - mpvideoredo - MyVideoReDo for Mediaportal - Google Project Hosting)
    Up to now this version can not be used with older MP-versions, this will be added when "starting-problems" are solved.
    The settings in the sceenfile are made for the default wide skin. It would be very kind if users of other skins can place modified screenfiles here for integration in VideoRedo.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi I've not been following this plugin for a while but I wanna see how things are going

I'm running MP 1.2.1 final
    Video redo 4.20.5.609
    I installed the above listed plugin ( from the link) and I can get into the plugin , select a recording, but then the waiting icon just goes round and round and I get nothing else

little help?

Also it kills any video I try to watch after I quit out of the plugin

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hello SiLenTYL,

what do you mean with "kills any video" ?
    Is the file really deleted/defect or can it "only" not be played at that time ?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Re: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hello SiLenTYL,

what do you mean with "kills any video" ?
    Is the file really deleted/defect or can it "only" not be played at that time ?

I mean it crashes MP with an exception.

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

So please place a logfile and a screenshot of the exception-message.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok ive put logs up
    i get into the plugin, pick the file then the loading circle just wont stop
    i see no frames of the video im tryng to edit
    do i have an incompatible version of videoredo or something?
    im on win 64bit also

u can see my system specs on the left

Attachments

• iexplore 2011-10-25 00-52-25-08.jpg
      iexplore 2011-10-25 00-52-25-08.jpg
      58.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom