[new plugin] Netflix Wrapper (2 Viewers)

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok. I ran the latest installer and had no problems there. I also had the issue where it failed to login the first time but the second time it worked without me having to do anything extra. The one suggestion I would have on this is to add some configuration to the plugin where you can enter and store the user name and password. I would also like to see the "Top Picks For <profile name>" and "Because you watched ....." items listed in the genre menu as well. One other thing that would be great is for tv shows that have seasons it would be great to somehow show the watched status on each episode. Maybe change the title font color to blue like MP does for the watched tv recordings.

I do have an issue though. I was able to select and play a movie and stop it but after it stopped I could not play another selection. It returned me to the last plugin screen and I could navigate the menus but when I selected an item nothing happened. I have attached the log.

Thanks.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With version 1.0.0.4, I still get MP crashing shortly after I open the plugin. I think it's trying to get MyList but it has content it doesn't like, maybe?

Here are the logs.

Cheers.

Geoff

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just want to say great work :)
    Looks very cool, and will definitely give it a try when I get chance (probably at the weekend!) :)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Feature request: Option to toggle subs and audio with remote:) p.s Not working in Denmark - same problem as Norwegian guy reported. Will try and get logs uploaded

Update - new log: login failure even after log out and in again

Last edited:

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    I have been on vacation :) I am now back will hopefully have a few hours this weekend to look through the current issues and push a update.

I will update it the same as I did for Norway. As there is no native API I am wrapping the web page and calls back and forwards. This changes per country and I have not got a good abstraction layer yet. It is getting better but needs some refactoring.[DOUBLEPOST=1397747127][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The one suggestion I would have on this is to add some configuration to the plugin where you can enter and store the user name and password.

It prompts when starting and I do need to make a configuration page. Ill add it to the list.
    I would also like to see the "Top Picks For <profile name>" and "Because you watched ....." items listed in the genre menu as well.

That is sort of there, the parsing picks this up but does not highlight it.
    One other thing that would be great is for tv shows that have seasons it would be great to somehow show the watched status on each episode. Maybe change the title font color to blue like MP does for the watched tv recordings.
    Completely agree, have not added this to the parsing yet. I want to add progress, watched and next episode functionality.

I do have an issue though. I was able to select and play a movie and stop it but after it stopped I could not play another selection. It returned me to the last plugin screen and I could navigate the menus but when I selected an item nothing happened. I have attached the log.
    Thanks.

Ill look through the log, I have tried this and it has worked for me so I need to work this one out. The only issue I have had is with episodes going to the next one and being forced back to the original episode you pressed play on.[DOUBLEPOST=1397747171][/DOUBLEPOST]
    With version 1.0.0.4, I still get MP crashing shortly after I open the plugin. I think it's trying to get MyList but it has content it doesn't like, maybe?
    Can you PM me the raw HTML of your my list page? I need to work out where parsing is exploding.

Last edited:

MartyV

April 19, 2014
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello from way down under New Zealand, I have just tried your wrapper , installed it, the files seem to be in the correct location but when I go into plugins on the main screen and it shows Netflix Wrapper, I select it but nothing happens , the screen flashes and just shoes the plugins

Not graphics of Netflix or anything, what have I missed, I am running media portal 1.6 on windows 8.1

Thanks

mabdk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    netflix_start_page_DK.PNG netflix_login_DK.PNG netflix_login_DK.PNG netflix_login_DK.PNG
    netflix_login_DK.PNG
    Hi this is great, would love for you to do the same for us in Denamrk as you did the Norweigan version.

Let me know if you need any other info than the attached.

Attachments

• netflix_movie_page_DK.PNG
      netflix_movie_page_DK.PNG
      496.7 KB
    • netflix_login_dk.txt
      23.7 KB
    • netflix_movie_detail_page_DK.txt
      130.8 KB
    • netflix_start_page_DK.txt
      2.3 MB

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    I'm going to spend some time tonight on this. Should have a new version out tonight.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm going to spend some time tonight on this. Should have a new version out tonight.
    How's progress? Waiting with eager to hopefully test danish netflix support :0)

Keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom