New plugin - OnlineTVShows???? (hulu, joost, etc..) (1 Viewer)

keith2045

Portal Pro
February 16, 2006
Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I really didnt want to post this yet, I wanted to wait until I had a working version, but I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I was afraid of posting it and not being able to get it to work (i'm now pretty confident that i can). I've been working on a new plugin for a little while (about a month) this plugin will play videos from hulu.com and joost.com (currently only TV shows, but I would like to include Movies).

I guess the reason for this post.....

1) Any interest in this plugin? If i get enough I will release it, if not well....
2) If enough interest I could use some help with the skin file
3) And maybe some help developing the plugin
4) A new title for the plugin(??)

I've got alot of the backend stuff done (grabbing series, episodes, thumbnails, series details.....) Please note that i'm new to programming in C# (didnt really read that much on it, so if my code is bad i apologize). I'm currently suck on the skin and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ture-request-here-48/focus-new-windows-56181/. I would post a picture of what it looks like in MP, but it looks very bad (hence request for help with the skin file).

Let me know if anyone is interested in this plugin and if your willing to help

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'd like this plugin!

I can also offer to help you out with skinning, PM me if you're interested

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would love it, the more online media there is available the better, Hulu and Joost are sources still missing.

Are you trying to make a kind of framework in wich you can "rip/stream" video sites ? or will it be dedicated to Hulu and Joost ?

Thx for the hard work :)

mellroc

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    The 2 pieces I still want from MP are working Hulu and Netflix.
    I'd love to try your plugin for the Hulu part.

I don't have any coding or skinning skills, but I can happily test it and provide feedback.

Kulaa

Portal Member
    February 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would love to have Hulu in MediaPortal!!!!

I am using Zinc and Multishortcut to have Hulu currently. Its cumbersome but does the trick, besides having to mouse click the fullscreen option when starting a new video. I just downloaded an XBMC Hulu plugin and was going to ask if it could be converted to something MediaPortal could use. I will help in anyway I can.

Kulaa

Wolfmage

Portal Member
    July 28, 2008
    Definitely interested. Hulu and other streams are the main thing missing from MP now, aside from a fancy TV Series version for docos and special programming maybe, but no HTPC frontend has that. You can currently already get rudimentary functionality for Hulu through XBMC and VMC, so it would be sad to see Media Portal left behind when it is IMO otherwise superior software.

If you do get it running, try to find a partner to get it working with popular skins like StreamedMP. Sad to see several promising plugins come out only to be useless to most of us because they are stuck using Blue3Wide.

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2006
    I'm thinking about making a hulu solution. Don't get too excited, because I am pretty lazy and it will take a while.
    I don't think it is possible to stream the hulu video directly into mediaportal, so I am thinking about a solution like the firefoxintegrator or netflix plugin. Basically it would parse the hulu shows to browse in mediaportal, then open firefox to the appropriate page when you launched the show. At this point an autohotkey script would take over to full screen the show, and handle play/pause exit back to mediaportal. I'd also like to have some sort of ff/rw control, but I haven't figured out a good way to do that yet. The XBMC plugin and thread have some pretty good addresses to scrape from, so I don't think I'll have a problem with that, but I haven't done any mediaportal coding since I made the original netflix plugin, so I need to get my environment set up and back into the swing of things. I'll make a new thread if I actually get anything accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom