New Plugin: Pocket PC Remote for MP (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In theory it is possible. But the way the plugin is currently build, it is not. Now it is a remote, nothing more.
If you look at the iPhone plugin, you can see that a lot more is possible. I am actually hoping that someone is able to port the iPhone plugin to WM. iPhone interface thread.

To install: (note: there is a good readme inside the archive.)
download Pocket PC Remote 0.2.2.0
Extract everyting.
on your WM; install the cab in Release\Pocket PC Application"
in MediaPortal; past the two .dll files in "Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process". Now you can configure it in MediaPortal.

On my WM device I got an error message to install NETCFV35.MESSAGES.EN.WM.CAB
You can download it >>HERE<< (Need to register at XDA-developers to download, but this is a good thing actually. Fantastic forum for all advanced mobilephone users.)

Start the programm in your WM device and set the correct IP adress of the machine where MediaPortal is installed.
To get proper IP adress, double click on your network monitor icon in tray (ofcourse on the machine where MP is installed). Go to support tab. There is the correct IP adress.

Attachments

• SAF_CHANGELOG.JPG
    SAF_CHANGELOG.JPG
    10.1 KB
  • SAF_CONTENT.JPG
    SAF_CONTENT.JPG
    9 KB
  • SAF_INSTALLATION.JPG
    SAF_INSTALLATION.JPG
    10.2 KB
  • SAF_INTRODUCTION.JPG
    SAF_INTRODUCTION.JPG
    10.5 KB
  • SAF_MISCELLANEOUS.JPG
    SAF_MISCELLANEOUS.JPG
    11 KB
  • SAF_PROBLEMS_FAQ.JPG
    SAF_PROBLEMS_FAQ.JPG
    10.6 KB
  • SAF_REQUIREMENTS.JPG
    SAF_REQUIREMENTS.JPG
    11.2 KB
  • SAF_TOP.JPG
    SAF_TOP.JPG
    17.6 KB
  • SAF_Download.jpg
    SAF_Download.jpg
    20.2 KB

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Ok, I think we are talking about two plugins here. There is the original ppc remote 0.2.2.0 at the beginning of the thread, and then this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ket-pc-remote-mp-23112/index9.html#post297279 linked on page 9. The second one lets you view your music library, but does not work so well with ppc2003, needs wm5 I believe. I have this kinda working but not as well as MPBlue worked with MP 0.2.2.0. MPBlue does not work with MP 1.0, and is no longer supported. I need to see if I can fix what is no longer linking, but it is an uphill battle.

htcp-starter

Portal Member
March 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
In theory it is possible. But the way the plugin is currently build, it is not. Now it is a remote, nothing more.
If you look at the iPhone plugin, you can see that a lot more is possible. I am actually hoping that someone is able to port the iPhone plugin to WM. iPhone interface thread.

Hi edterbak,

iPiMP works under Windows Mobile by using IRIS browser
iPiMP and WM

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok, I think we are talking about two plugins here. There is the original ppc remote 0.2.2.0 at the beginning of the thread, and then this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ket-pc-remote-mp-23112/index9.html#post297279 linked on page 9. The second one lets you view your music library, but does not work so well with ppc2003, needs wm5 I believe. I have this kinda working but not as well as MPBlue worked with MP 0.2.2.0. MPBlue does not work with MP 1.0, and is no longer supported. I need to see if I can fix what is no longer linking, but it is an uphill battle.

Hi I would be happy to test your application during development. I have a HTC Trinity with WM 6.1, I have tried IPiMP using the Iris browser, however it is incredible slow - and there is some difficulties in rendering the image (ie the password and user-name text). In addition, it doesn't allow to browse your music and Internet radio-stations.

plotto

Portal Member
October 4, 2007
AKL
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi guys,

I am trying to install the Mediaportal CLient onto a Ipaq RX4540
I have installed .Net 3.5
When I run the application i get the following error;
"The application failed to load the required components. If the .NET Compact framework...."
I hard reset the device and reinstalled .NET 3.5 but I still get the same error.
Could someone please help me out.

Cheers

htcp-starter

Portal Member
March 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I´ve a similar problem.
I used Pocket PC Remote 0.2.2.0 with MediaPortal 1.0.0 on my Samsung i900 Omnia (Win Mobile 6.1 and NET CF 2.0) without problems

Now I´ve update MP to 1.0.2 and Omnia to NET CF 3.5 and Pocket PC Remote 0.2.2.0 doesn´t work. ;-(

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Do you know if it is alot of work to expand this to a full "remote-program" that can be used from a Windows/Linux machine?

I had an idea of a program that can run on a tablet-PC/netbook or anything else similar, but I can see that it's more a blown-up version of your program. I haven't done much programming since I played around with some easy Python maybe 10 years ago. Do you know if such a task is doable for a beginner? And can I use your program as something to work from?

I am not sure if I want to use WiFi or BT so I'll post this in both in this thread and in the Blue Portal thread.

DennisAries

September 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code-fiddling

Hi,

I've fiddled around with your code a bit and created a form that is suitable for the larger screens (640x480). This means that all tabs (excluding the settings) are visible at once.

It targets the CF.NET 3.5 framework (although nothing else has been altered but the form-layout) and it currently runs on my iPaq 214 PDA.

I'm happy to send that code to you for furher usage, but since this is my first I'll need some guidance as to where you would like to have it. :D

Dennis

Zappo

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Personal opinion of mine is that the looks and layout could use some updating.
    Agreed Etterb... eehh... Edterbak!
    Really "need" this kind of app, but, c'mon... Let's be honest...
    Currently, it looks like crap!
    I hope to find myself some time to get involved, and maybe add some basic theme-ing capabilities...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi edterbak,

iPiMP works under Windows Mobile by using IRIS browser
    iPiMP and WM

@Zappo.
    Maybe you can try htcp-starter's suggestion. I abandoned my search for this a while ago. But if its is working like the Iphone app, I might reconsidder.

btw... did you just call me an etterbak?!?!?! :eek: Ghehehe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom