New Plugin: Pocket PC Remote for MP (1 Viewer)

darick_c

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Idaho
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm just getting my tv server setup and will be able to test it with it hopefully.
Darick

rading

July 13, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I just installed framework 3.5 on Windows XP SP3 (danish), and installed plugin.

I tried to run the windows client from the same computer as MP is installed on, but the application crashes when you click connect.

I am very interested in getting this plugin up and running.

Another question - is it possible to compile the PPC client so it can run on Windows Mobile 2003? I have 3 HP h6340 Ipaqs that i really would like to use for controlling MP music playback.

-Rading

Got the PPC client up and running on my ipaq h6340, just needed to install the CF 3.5 :oops:

-Rading

fweine

Portal Member
August 27, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This looks very interesting! Will download the plugin and give it a try. Should be able to help out with some code also in the future :)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
Hey,

Thanks for the great plugin, it just saved my life :) I have a Philips Pronto remote which has wifi capabilities and i was trying to figure out how can i control MP with it via wifi until i came across this amazing plugin. I installed the plugin, tested it on my pocket pc to make sure all works (and it did) so i started working on my pronto to see if i can send out the same commands. Well it took some trying (since im new to pronto scripting - which is basically java), but finally i got it to work :)

Here is the code for it (just incase some else out there is trying this):
var socket = new TCPSocket(false);
socket.connect('192.168.1.4', 8100, 3000);
socket.onConnect = function()
{
socket.write("vol+."+"\r\n");
socket.close();
};

im also attaching the ProntoScriptModule that i did (done in ProntoEdit Pro v2)

I would like to help out more to get things back to my remote, like movies & songs lists .. I will be trying to look at the code and try to figure out how can i send back some info.

Keep up the great work :D

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The opening post points to a version over a year old. Since others seem to be using this for newer MP releases, I suspect there is a newer version somewhere. where?

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    Here is the updated project. The windows client is written using WPF instead of windows forms and there is a cab for the pocket pc client. .Net 3.5 is still needed on the server (as well as the client if using the windows client).

Darick

Is tis an upgrade of the same plugin or is it a new? I like that now I can get playlists / whats playing and ofcourse the more controls, but i was wondering why have you changed the communication from simple tcp packet (like "play.") to now its being transformed into xml and then into bytes?

i have not been through the code intensivly but i thought i'd ask first

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    You can find it here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/new-plugin-pocket-pc-remote-mp-23112/index9.html#post297279

I just tried it on my Mio P550 pocket pc, and it works like a charm. There seem to be some problems with navigating the music lists and navigating through in the structure, but maybe this is being looked into already?

As soon as i enable the process plugin in the latest SVN I can't watch recorded TV anymore. The preview build flickers a bit, but remains mostly black. Full screen is never achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom