New poster and season banner not downloading (1 Viewer)

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure what the problem is but if new season banners or posters are added to thetvdb, tvseries doesn't download them most of the time.

For example: I added a second season banner to season 8 of Bones more than two weeks ago, which didn't download. Same goes for other fanart (not background) as well. It only downloads them, if I delete the entire series from database and re-add it. I'm not aware of changing anything, so any idea what's wrong?

P.S. I also emptied the entire database and created a new one. Everything was downloaded but anything new after that didn't.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage02.jpg
      Zwischenablage02.jpg
      151.1 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Did you perhaps hit the artwork download limit?

Adjust this otherwise, MP-TVSeries config -> "Online Data" tab -> make sure "Download missing artwork for existing series/season on local scan" is enabled and click on the "Configure Artwork Download Limits..." button. Set this to a very high number then, because once the same amount as artwork has been downloaded that shows on the limits, it stops downloading any 'new' ones, which would have included your newly added ones.

These limits are for banners and posters, so below the button is where you configure the limits for backdrops. However this only applies to the active fanarts downloaded, you can still go in via GUI and look at all the fanart thumbs and manually download more (or disable existing ones which will then be deleted).

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Rochess, but as can be seen in the screenshot above I already had a limit of 99. I checked for newer shows with less posters and season banners. Some newer ones are downloaded. But I'm not sure what is missing.

I don' t think I hit the limit for downloaded artwork. The downloaded poster for Bones for example are 30 and season banners 40. The limit is set for 99 or now 100. More is not possible.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well it 'normally' works, or is supposed to anyway, so I guess right now you are left with trying the more advanced approaches:

• Clear cache @ C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MP-TVSeries\Cache\
    • Run database integrity scan to make sure it did not get corrupt in a small section (SQL query = pragma integrity_check; )
    • Verify database has the right TheTVdB ID link between show in dbase and actual ID at site (you can check some with MPTVS config, but best with SQL editor). The main tables you are after are `online_episodes` and `local_episodes`.
    Also keep in mind that it can take quite a while for TheTVdB to actually have the artwork available for download. In ideal conditions it is less then 15minutes when the cronjob runs, but I've seen it take sometimes a full day before artwork shows for me (and this is on a show that had none before).

Last edited:

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you I will try that tomorrow.

The missing fanart by the way is several weeks old, so it shouldn't be a problem with thetvtb. And download works, if the entire series is deleted from database and re-added.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Alright, I cleared the cache and did an integrity check with SQLite. I hope I did it right, but there was no error. The TheTVdB ID also seem to be ok, but there is still now change. For example I uploaded a new Poster to New Girl on September 5th, which is still not downloading.

http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/posters/248682-10.jpg

It's not like I'm going to use every fanart ever uploaded. But I like so switch rather regular to new fanart.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I did see you added it without rating it. My own experience has been that TheTVdB then sometimes does not add it to their API zip file data for MP-TVSeries to find. The other two posters you did rate, did those perhaps load fine?

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll rate it and see what happens. Not sure about the others that were downloaded, if they were rated or not.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I don't see any change. Some new fanart are downloaded, but most of them do not. Am I really the only one with this problem?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I don't know about anybody else, but I constantly adjust fanarts to reflect season updates (new cast, etc). Infact just changed fanart on `Survivor` recently to: http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/76733-12.jpg which was added 5 days ago. My settings are not even changed from default on limits.

Mine don't auto-download though, I manually select the one I want. So is that what you are expecting? That they auto-download to be picked up in your rotate cycle?

That's what I do not like/use, because I only like very specific artwork for each series. Especially on fanart, as I want specific ones that show all the cast members through the open space at the top of my skin, such as: http://blixy.net/mp/DefaultWide+/DefaultWide+.MP-TVSeries.Fanart.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom