New series are not sorted correctly. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Since I have more than 200 series with more than 11.500 episodes I encounter problems with the DB. Newly added series are not sorted the way they should. In Config they are at first places instead on alphabetic places they should be. See screenshot 1
    This meshes up the View in MP also. See screenshot 2.
    I've deleted this series from DB and add them new, did not help. I recreated DB from scratch. Due to my bad internet connection I can't add all series at once. I have to do this step by step. Seems to work until I add new series Nr 209. Then the same happens. As soon as I scroll through the list in MP the sorting is corrected but it's still not the way it should be.

The first 208 Series are sorted correctly. Series 209 and up are not correctly sorted any more. It's reproduceable and did not depend on a special version of TV Series. Happens with recent 3.1.3 also.

Screenshot 2 shows Unseen Episodes View, but it's the same if I view "all series". Backdrop and title are from last added series (SOKO Leipzig) but Cover and link are from the "real" first series. In this case 4400 - Die Rückkkehrer (The 4400). If I scroll one series forward and then back again, all is ok and title/backdrop shown are from 4400... If I scroll through the list until I reach "SOKO Leipzig" it shows up as it should. Cover, Backdrop, Title and link are at right place.

Attachments

• TVS-1.jpg
      TVS-1.jpg
      265.2 KB
    • TVS-2.jpg
      TVS-2.jpg
      413.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New series are not sorted correctly.

Hi,
    Finally I found what's wrong. All series that are not sorted correctly are series without English name (only German name/title is available) in thetvdb... And in Database the "Pretty_Name", "SortName" and "origName" fields in "online_series" table are empty after adding this series. And this only happens if there are more than 200 series in db before adding such a series first time.

I don't know how to solve this but I have a workaround. Open DB in SQLieBrowser or SQLiteExpert and fill empty fields with proper values. After that all is well again.

Is this a bug in TVSeries? I think so but before I add a bugreport to mantis I like to have a small look from someone else at this.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Probably a bug in tvseries, but why not just add the English title to tvdb?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New series are not sorted correctly.

Hi.
    ...but why not just add the English title to tvdb?
    If there is any. Most series produced in other countries are not translated to English language...

I will do some tests next days to nail this down a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom