New Site - HockeyStreams.com - Development Thread (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

I've begun working on a site implementation in OnlineVideos for hockeystreams.com. The site is a paid service that shows hockey for NHL, OHL, AHL, etc. Streams come in windows media or flash formats. The HD streams are in flash.

The site provides an API for such an integration. It's a REST api with JSON payload.

I've done a quick integration to see if I could get the proper URL into OnlineVideos for streaming and managed to get the Flash stream to start last night.

The problem I'm currently encountering is that the stream starts for a few seconds ... the video freezes... the audio continues ... then finally the audio stops and the plugin returns back to the video list.

There is plenty of bandwidth... On the same machine, I can view the stream in a browser.

You guys have any hints on what might be happening?

Cheers.

Geoff

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    For the address
    Code:
    http://67.213.218.184/hds-live/publishing/PREMIUM_HSTV_11/liveevent/livestream1.f4m
    wasn't received any data (HTTP 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable). For address
    Code:
    http://206.217.195.192/hds-live/publishing/PREMIUM_HSTV_11/liveevent/livestream1.f4m
    was reported live stream, were downloaded two segments and on third again same error. For address
    Code:
    http://67.213.218.184/hds-live/publishing/PREMIUM_HSTV_2/liveevent/livestream1.f4m
    was reported live stream, were downloaded several segments, but playback was stopped by user. So it seems that on first two URLs there was technical problem on server side, the last one URL was working, but playback stopped too early (after approx. 5 seconds) by user.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for looking at the logs.

I didn't do a good job of trimming the log to a single request. That log contained many attempts of trying to view several different games.

I'll capture another log tonight (when the games are on).

Thanks.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I cleared MPUrlSourceSplitter.log and tried to watch a game.... the same results... the video starts, and stops almost immediately (2 seconds maybe)... the audio continues for up to 30 seconds and then the whole thing stops and retuns to the video list again.

I see the HTTP 503 messages again... Is it possible that the server is not getting the proper user-agent or something? I mean, I can watch this stream in the browser so the flash player must be doing somethin that I am not.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Geoff

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    You're right that reason why it doesn't continue is HTTP 503 response. If you omit some information in request (like user agent or referer, maybe special cookies), common response is HTTP 403 Forbidden or HTTP 404 Not Found. The best way how to detect what is happening is using some HTTP proxy (like Fiddler for Firefox). It will be great if you dump communication with Fiddler for deeper analysis (maybe URL is constructed in some bad way).

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again.

My dev machine is linux (VM for plugin dev) so I ended up using wireshark. Here's a capture file from that... It seems pretty similar to what I was getting and sending.... Only noticeable difference is the referrer pointing to a flashplayer URL.

Any thoughts?

Geoff

Attachments

• firefox-capture.txt
      4.5 KB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Try to get longer dump, there are only three fragments. When I try your URL, I found that fragments until 780 are correct, 781 returns HTTP 503 (always, doesn't matter if I set user agent or referer) and 782 is again correct.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Probably you didn't try to get longer dump, but try to also monitor flash player what it is doing. What happend when some fragments are not accessible? Video stutters, stop, restart or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom