New Site - HockeyStreams.com - Development Thread (2 Viewers)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Try attached MP Url Source Splitter and let me know if it works or not (for sure attach also MPUrlSourceSplitter.log).

Attachments

• MPUrlSourceSplitter.zip
      4.6 MB

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I tried the MP Url Source Splitter...

It no longer freezes and returns to the list. Instead, the video shows correctly for a few seconds, freezes and stays frozen. The audio continues. I tried a few streams and left them for a minute or so each to see if the video would recover, but it did not.

Here are the logs.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again,

I'm looking at these logs myself for a second time. There are no 503 responses, and it seems that OV is getting the fragments as expected. Perhaps there is something on the codec side of my setup that is causing the video freeze rather than the streaming part.

g

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    As I can see you're using Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Maybe you should try LAV codecs, anyway I try to simulate your stream with supplied dump, if there isn't some another problem.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I tested your dump with LAV codec and it was perfectly working. I did same test with MS DTV-DVD codecs and video was frozen and audio continues. So, try LAV codecs and let me know.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

Finally had a chance to test this fix properly.... The fix is working perfectly... The LAV video and LAV audio was the key for that last issue.

The video stumbles for the first minute or so, but after enough buffering, it's all good.

I'm not just trying to clean up the implementation a bit...

Question: How do you set what the image is when you select the site? For the life of me, I cannot figure that out ;)

Cheers.

Geoff

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    You have two types of icons: banners and icons. Icons are shown in sites list, banners are shown in video list. Banners must have 3:1 width to height ration (e.g. 300 x 100 pixels), icons must have 1:1 ratio (e.g. 100 x 100 pixels). Both are in PNG format. Both have same names. Banners are located in %MEDIAPORTAL_DATA_DIR%\thumbs\OnlineVideos\Banners, icons are located in %MEDIAPORTAL_DATA_DIR%\thumbs\OnlineVideos\Icons. The name of file must be same as site name in configuration of OnlineVideos in MP Configuration.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I tried publishing my site... It asked if it needed to publish the DLLs, and I said yes. The tool said success, but when I installed the site on another machine, it does not have the DLLs.

Am I missing something?

Do I instead need to commit to the googlecode project? Or submit a patch for someone else to commit?

Lastly, I guess this site is dependent on the MPUrlSourceSplitter you posted here. Does that get updated automatically?

Cheers.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom