New source for HTPC software information (1 Viewer)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey all!

I have created a new community that focuses on software for HTPCs. This includes frontends, media players, utilites, etc. On the site there is news about HTPC software, a version tracker, user submitted reviews, and a forum for discussion about all things software for HTPCs. Come check us out at www.htpcsw.com

My main idea for the site is to have a place where people can get help with programs they want to use for their HTPC. I know when I was building my first HTPC it was hard to find a lot of help with certain programs. Most of the information I got was about what hardware to choose and what was compatiple with what. This was all extremely helpful, but once I got the thing built I was a little lost when it came to choose what software to use. There are all kinds of neat little programs that do very specific tasks and I want my site to be a place where people can go to find out about all these programs.

I am also looking for some a moderator for the forum and reviews from everyday users of HTPC software.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We have basically finished building the site with a whole new design. Come check out the site. We will be having a contest in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I didn't get fat, at least, but a walk in the park is not an expression of something being easy anymore.
That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I...
It seems odd that most of the problems that people complain about are that we can't switch to MP2 because there's no plugins for...
Replies
Views
Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
Just for your information: couldn't find the ns*.tmp file...
Replies
Views
Sorry logfiles might help...
Sorry logfiles might help...
From a beginner seeking further help. OK so my tv recordings go into default location and appear on the TV menu. Also if I copy wtv...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom