new SVN-Snapshot-Installer (3 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Could you please stop the SVN from registering DScaler and MPV/MPA filters? I don't have them installed from the MP installer options, and they completely hose playback on my machine.
    svn builds are for TESTING ONLY.

everything is installed since everything needs to be tested.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Call me an idiot, but now I'm been looking for two days to find the frik'n svn installer, and everywhere its mentioned in the forums or in http://svn.team-mediaportal.com ... it seems there are links to everything EXCEPT the before mentioned revolutionary svn installer ! why is this ? and I ask this, VERY aware I'm REALLY a SUCKY when it comes to finding things !! (according 2 my mrs...).... but this is killing me ! I've DL latest version with the kickass skin (proj mayhem) ... and it DOESNT work !! ... so I NEED desperately the latest SVN to make it work, according to them !... please excuse me, guide me in the right direction PLEASE !
    http://svn.team-mediaportal.com
    View attachment 1658

- download the first exe in the list
    - execute it after downloaded
    - select the MediaPortal folder
    - okay

:D

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    svn builds are for TESTING ONLY.

everything is installed since everything needs to be tested.

I agree to an extent, but I purposely didn't install them, and don't have MP configured to use them. If someone did configure MP to use them, then they could just be overwritten (and still registered).

I guess my point is that the installer doesn't have to register them, just overwrite them. Then I wouldn't have to unregister them everytime my MPEGs have a green tint to them :D. This is more of a directshow problem than an MP problem in that MPV/MPA registers itself with a higher priority than other decoders. Or at least with the same priority, in which case Windows will use the most recently installed. Its not the end of the world, since I know how to get rid of them, but potentially hosing directshow playback on tester's machines outside of MP (who may not always be as savvy as one would like) is not a particularly good practice. Anyway, thanks for the response!

Pstraums

Portal Member
    August 28, 2006
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks a LOT ! and I`m really sorry for not testing what I should have tested FIRST ! .. I just read TO much in the forums, and I saw a lot about "manually replacing files" and since I did not feel I had the know-how to fix this manually I was looking for the amazing tool everybody was talking about :) information CAN make you blind, it seems.... at least in MY case :) .. well, I thank you again! Now if only someone could fix the program so I did not have to manually delete my dvd drives from MP setup everytime i run the setup, this would be the perfect app !! (why automatically ADD them for everytime you run the setup app?) I have a lot of folders with files... the dvd drives only add to the confusion ;-) Great evening to ya'll ! and I really appreciate your great and friendly support !

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I agree to an extent, but I purposely didn't install them, and don't have MP configured to use them. If someone did configure MP to use them, then they could just be overwritten (and still registered).
    no
    un-registering and re-registering is required to get a new version to work.

you could write a short bat file which does the unregistering, so you do not have to do that manually after installing the svn build.
    simply execute your bat file then to unreg the filters.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    <quote>no
    un-registering and re-registering is required to get a new version to work.

you could write a short bat file which does the unregistering, so you do not have to do that manually after installing the svn build.
    simply execute your bat file then to unreg the filters.</quote>

Actually, I do use a batch file, I was thinking of other people this might nail. DShow problems are irritating and hard to track down unless you have more than a cursory knowledge of DShow. As long as you don't change any CLSIDs, there is no need to reregister. I've written several filters and I don't reregister each time I rebuild my project unless I've changed an interface. Perhaps an extra screen in the app asking if one wants to register the filters would be nice. However, I digress, I think the SVN installer is very nice, this has been my only pet peeve with it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Actually, I do use a batch file, I was thinking of other people this might nail. DShow problems are irritating and hard to track down unless you have more than a cursory knowledge of DShow. As long as you don't change any CLSIDs, there is no need to reregister. I've written several filters and I don't reregister each time I rebuild my project unless I've changed an interface.
    the difference is that you know what you have changed in your filter.
    DScaler and MPV/MPA are not done by are developers, that means we "only" include them into our product.

we run into so many "bugreports" because ppl have not run the start.bat which does all required tasks, that we decided to execute that file everytime by the installer.

since the installers are automatically generated, such an option as you suggest is not that easy (if even possible) to implement.

mrman

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    59°19.8'N, 18°29.0'E
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does this new SVN installer mean I can't have multiple installations of MP as discussed in some threads. (I wan't one stable-release-installation and one test-and-destroy-installation). If I understand it correctly, I need to run the start.bat in the dir from which I currently want to launch MP, right? How do I do this now, as I can't find the start.bat anymore? Or is this not a good idea?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does this new SVN installer mean I can't have multiple installations of MP as discussed in some threads. (I wan't one stable-release-installation and one test-and-destroy-installation). If I understand it correctly, I need to run the start.bat in the dir from which I currently want to launch MP, right? How do I do this now, as I can't find the start.bat anymore? Or is this not a good idea?

look here -> :::How to T E S T SVN nightly builds::: :)

mrman

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    59°19.8'N, 18°29.0'E
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tnx Infinity, but that guide seems a bit outdated? It refers to start.bat which I don't have in my dir. I get the overall picture though.

Anyway, just to be clear, is there no other way to switch between a stable-release-install and a test-install than uninstall and reinstal as the guide explains? I read a blog -> https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=9
    that describes a more smooth way, but I guess thats not possible anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom