[Approved] New Swedish grabber (1 Viewer)

beowulf

Portal Member
July 12, 2007
I've started on a new grabber for Swedish channel. It grabs from tvplaneten.tv4.se. The reason is that dagenstv.se only lists the category as the title on some channels especially on sports like Viasat Fotboll och Viasat Motor.

TV Planeten has better titles. I've added some channels to the grabber for you to test.

--- 2011-10-01

Updated grabber with more channels

Attachments

• tvplaneten_tv4_se.xml
    3.3 KB

lyrisk

Portal Member
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Looks great :). I'm recording alot of Fotball and F1 and it has been a pain when Mediapotal lists all with the title Fotball when you are about to record something. Aswell as the recorded tv libriary has been, well, not easy to find specific games. Thanks!

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello beowulf and thanks for the grabber.

It seems you do not grab end times which means that for many channels the last program will go on for hours until the next show starts in the morning. However the program end times are available at the main page by popup if you click the title. Unfortunately WebEPG only supports one channel per URL so this might be tough to accomplish.

beowulf

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    I have really tried to solve this. I've found that the URL for one day could be modified and with view=full removed I get the links to the details page.

I use the <Sublink> tag to grab the details page and have a second template to parse it. It works in the WebEPG designer and extracts both start and end time but it's not added to the EPG. The sublink is working since description is extracted and added.

Maybe someone can have a look at the attached XML and figure out whats wrong.

Attachments

• tvplaneten_tv4_se.xml
      2.9 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It works in the WebEPG designer and extracts both start and end time but it's not added to the EPG. The sublink is working since description is extracted and added.

Maybe someone can have a look at the attached XML and figure out whats wrong.

Looks like a proper bug. I get the same error. If you exchange <#END> with <#DESCRIPTION> you get the correct end time in the desc tag. I'll make a bug report and hopefully someone can take a look at the WebEPG grabber code.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I posted an updated grabber in your other thread.

I changed availableDays to 14.
    Added all available channels (you need an updated channels.xml for Sjuan to display properly).
    Removed the last ID from URL since it seems redundant.
    Added #GENRE to the default template.
    Formatted the templates in CDATA since it's much easier to read :)

Now we just need someone to take a look at why sublink data is so special...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Pushed in the branch BUG-3781-Update_tuning_details_and_EPG_grabbers_for_1.2.2 :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Sebastiii

The xml file in this thread is unfortunately incomplete. As you can see I've made several updates to the file and attached it to the other thread however there's an issue with WebEPG preventing us from completing the grabber. I asked arion_p to take a look at it but it seems he's too busy with real life :confused::)
    I'd really like this grabber to work since tvplaneten seems to have better data than dagenstv.com on several channels.

Perhaps you can help us creating a Mantis entry about "Problem with sublinks in WebEPG" to make sure this issue is not forgotten? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom