New Theater 550 PRO TV Tuner Drivers (1 Viewer)

A Frater

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Brisbane,Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Not me but would like to know as well (setting to lower bitrate) takes 1.5gb for 1 hour TV show

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
only 1.5GB ? :roll:

You should consider buying some more HDD space because getting lower on mpeg2 stream bitrate will quickly decrease quality.

IMHO the correct way of doing this is record with good quality then watch and delete, if you want to keep then start thinking of compressing to archive your TV-Recordings :) (E.G. using the integrated xvid compression)

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
knutinh said:
Sadly, no bitrate settings. I have heard of people using registry settings to force the card into higher bitrates. Anyone with experience?

regards
knut

Have yoy tried ChrisTweak? With ChrisTweak you can actually change the bitrate for the Theatre 550 for any application, including mediaportal. I haven't got all funtions working, but tweaking bitrate seems to work fine. There is a 14-day trial available and it might actually be worth the $20 they are charging.

- Judaz

Don_Szturchen

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
Home Country
Poland Poland
dragongc

hello, do you have this card? i've heard that it has some problems with polish audio :/ or is that already solved? in my new apartament i've got a cable instead of satelite dish and i'm interested in buying such card. besides i've seen that there is a version on PCI-e, that would be great for me :)

regards

-------
polish version ;P

dragongc

czesc, czy masz ta karte? slyszalem ze ma ona pewne problemy z polskim dzwiekiem :/ czy moze to juz zostalo rozwiazane? w moim nowym mieszkaniu mam kablowke w miejsce wczesniejszej satki, i jestem zainteresowany zakupem takiej karty. poza tym widzialem wersje PCI-e a to by mi bardzo odpowiadalo :)

pozdrawiam

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
ATI did it again ? :) But still no changelog, perhaps they just change the number for fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread