New toy: Asrock ION 330 (1 Viewer)

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Alexiex how Is The Acer going, just looked on Ebuyer and its quite a bargin?

Hi there,

Menu navigation was very slow, but since I had some issues installing Win7 from USB flash drive (probably down to something I did/didn't do), I decided to do a rebuild.
I installed Win7 via a USB DVD drive and that went through smoothly.
So, having re-installed Media Portal, I need to configure and set it up this weekend.

I'll post back with my findings.

So far, I'm very impressed with this little machine though. I had it plugged into my brother's LCD TV last weekend, running Windows Media Center, and everything was working brilliantly.
Just the odd bit of pixellation on screen every now and again, but that's probably down to using a USB TV tuner.

dogboy

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
Alstudio or anyone who can help

Got an ION 330 a couple of days ago and like it a lot so far (well just the look of it so far), but some of my choices may be causing me problems.

I cant play any video or MP3. I get xvid codec errors and while the mp3 plays i dont here anything

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit
MP RC2
Skin is StreamedMP
SAF 4 unlocked with instructions followed
WMP ver 12.0.76000.16415
Not even attempting TV yet

I know MP is not supported under 7 or 64bit but after reading some positive posts on the thread I thought I would give it a crack.

Stuff I have tried
WMP plays all files well
Gaph studio looks normal (to me for an xvid based avi?) with FFdshow showing for both Video and audio through to EVR and direct soud devise
Installed SAF 4 and 5 (back to 4) without sucssess
Tried installing an Xvid codec.

Not sure how to proceed. I still have installed Media centre (installed as part of the OS) could it be causing a problem?

All advice welcomed and appreciated

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First thing to try would be MPC-HC, since that plays 99% of everything. If that works then you know it's possible, if it doesn't then you're probably fubarred.

dogboy

Portal Member
    August 13, 2004
    Filmerit is OK so trying to configure MPC-HC as extermal player (plays all the media fine). Got it working but not well with the mce remote controlthat came with the ION 330.

I have set MP to use MCE remote (which works fine) but having difficulty mapping the keys in MPC-HC to match. I dont use a keyboard at all (only virtual if I get stuck) so key assingments show up as VK..... Not sure if this will work, anyone have first hand knowledge here?

David

Vulture

Portal Member
    January 14, 2006
    Nieuwendijk (NB)
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also have the ION330 with remote (since yesterday) and everything is working fine, except for the remote.
    I set is up as an MCE remote in MP, but only the cursor keys are working and the 'clear' key (to go back one menu).
    It is usable, but I really want the other keys to work to.
    I use Windows XP.
    Anyone has got this working?
    I cannot find anywhere how to remap the keys. Most of the keys just don't work.
    It's great though that it's possible to turn the ION330 on with the remote...

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also have the ION330 with remote (since yesterday) and everything is working fine, except for the remote.
    I set is up as an MCE remote in MP, but only the cursor keys are working and the 'clear' key (to go back one menu).
    It is usable, but I really want the other keys to work to.
    I use Windows XP.
    Anyone has got this working?
    I cannot find anywhere how to remap the keys. Most of the keys just don't work.
    It's great though that it's possible to turn the ION330 on with the remote...

I have the same problem! Did you solve it?

Jacob

luddite

Portal Member
    May 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Alstudio or anyone who can help

Got an ION 330 a couple of days ago and like it a lot so far (well just the look of it so far), but some of my choices may be causing me problems.

I cant play any video or MP3. I get xvid codec errors and while the mp3 plays i dont here anything

I'm running Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    MP RC2
    Skin is StreamedMP
    SAF 4 unlocked with instructions followed
    WMP ver 12.0.76000.16415
    Not even attempting TV yet

I know MP is not supported under 7 or 64bit but after reading some positive posts on the thread I thought I would give it a crack.

Stuff I have tried
    WMP plays all files well
    Gaph studio looks normal (to me for an xvid based avi?) with FFdshow showing for both Video and audio through to EVR and direct soud devise
    Installed SAF 4 and 5 (back to 4) without sucssess
    Tried installing an Xvid codec.

Not sure how to proceed. I still have installed Media centre (installed as part of the OS) could it be causing a problem?

All advice welcomed and appreciated

I have the same problem but with 32bit win 7 and no media centre.

Everything plays in other player perfectly.
    Any solution?

horsewith

June 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

I cannot get this up and running smoothly. It is rather frustrating.

My Steps:
    1. Install Windows 7 64bit
    2. Install MediaPortal RC4
    3. Install COREAVC
    4. Install Moving Pictures
    5. Select COREAVC as my x264 player in Codecs options.

Now when playing my 1080p rips, it plays but with 100% CPU usage.

Also the little COREAVC icon does NOT show up in the bottom right hand of the screen.

It would be most appreciated if you could help. It is driving me insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom