New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (4 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper

This is a new plugin for the current "TV Engine 3", which is the version of both main products MP 1.16 and MP 2.1.

What is it about?

The Problem:

• The AVM FritzBox Router 6490 and the WLAN Repeater DVB-C provide a nice feature: they have inbuilt DVB-C tuners (2 / 4) that allow streaming of TV and radio channels. The AVM web configuration allows to scan channels and provide channel lists (.m3u) for HD, SD and Radio channels.
    • By default, those playlists are not completely supported by TVE3. Some additonal comments and the kind of pid filtering in the URL prevent a successful channel scan.
    • TVE3 also does not yet support the "Sat>IP" standard. And also AVM does not fully support it yet (at least on the WLAN Repeater).
    The Solution:
    • The plugin detects available FritzBox/Repeater devices in your local network using UPnP/SSDP
    • The available .m3u channel lists will be downloaded from detected devices, then processed for proper scanning
    • It does a channel scan using DVB-IP cards
    • It automatically assigns found channels to all available DVB-IP cards (until the supported number of tuners by the AVM device)
    Known Issues:
    • Concurrent tuning of 2 channels from one single device is not working. This is a limitation of the AVM devices for which I could not yet find a workaround (concurrent streaming to multiple devices works, though)
    How it looks like:
    01_AVM_TunerPlugin.png

Requirements:
    1. You need an AVM FritzBox device with DVB-C streaming support (FritzBox 6490, Fritz WLAN Repeater DVB-C)
    2. You have to do a channel scan inside the AVM web interface first
    Installation:
    1. Extract the attached .zip archive to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins" (MP2 folder)
    2. Run "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration"
    3. Enter "Plugins" -> Enable "AVM Tuner Helper" plugin
    Available options:
    • "Auto map to available tuners": The found channels will be automatically mapped to the number of available tuners of the AVM device. If you did not increase the number of DVB-IP cards yet, enter the TV cards configuration and set the number of DVB-IP tuners.
    • "Auto combine channels": If you have already another DVB-C card and channels available, you can add the new DVB-IP details to the existing channel. This saves the manual combination of channels. (new since v 0.2)
      v02_AutoCombine.PNG

• "TV Channels SD / HD / Radio": The AVM devices are grouping the available channels into those categories. By enabling/disabling the checkboxes you can define which kind of channels you want to import. Note: the AVM devices only support FTA (Free-To-Air, non-scramled) channels.

Please try it out and post feedback! @Developers @Testers @Designers @DocumentationGroup

Release history:
    • 2018-12-13 [v 0.4]:
      • Updated plugin to support FritzOS 7.0 and newer. It modifies the urls to remove "avm=1" argument so that multiple streams can be decoded.
    • 2017-04-20 [v 0.3]:
      • Updated plugin for MP1.16 and MP2.1 final releases (not MP2.1 pre2!)
    • 2017-03-28 [v 0.2]:
      • Fixed radio channels in TV groups
      • New feature to auto-combine channels with existing DVB-C ones
    • 2017-03-27 [v 0.1]: Initial release

Attachments

• 2017-03-28-AVM_Tuner_[0.2].zip
      138.8 KB
    • 2017-04-20-AVM_Tuner_[0.3].zip
      138.2 KB
    • 2018-12-13-AVM_Tuner_[0.4].zip
      137.9 KB
    • 2018-12-14-AVM_Tuner_[0.4.1].zip
      137.9 KB
    Last edited:

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @morpheus_xx ,
    Big thanks for this great improvement. Have made first, quick tests. The plugin is working great. Zapping times seems to be a little bit longer, than with TT DVB/c card, but it is just a first impression. One small glitch i've noticed. In TV-Guide TV- and Radio channels are listed ->
    2017-03-28.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One small glitch i've noticed. In TV-Guide TV- and Radio channels are listed
    Thanks for reporting! I checked the code, I have copied an existing bug from DVB-IP scan section :D
    I will fix both, plugin and TVE3 code.

What device do you have? A FritzBox or WLAN Repeater? How much tuners are available?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Repeater has 2 tuners, this information is detected from the UPnP service:
    upload_2017-3-28_15-44-18.png

Then you can configure so many IPTV cards as the tuner number shows:
    upload_2017-3-28_15-45-39.png

But at the moment you most probably won't be able to use them concurrently because of:
    Known Issues:
    • Concurrent tuning of 2 channels from one single device is not working. This is a limitation of the AVM devices for which I could not yet find a workaround (concurrent streaming to multiple devices works, though)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An update was added to first post. Please check changelog for details. Bug with radio channel groups is fixed and a new feature for auto-combining channels was added :)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @morpheus_xx , all seems to work now fine and as exspected. Ther is one point i've noticed: TV/Plugin Configuration shows 2 tuners, however Fritz!Box GUI shows me 4 tuners ->

2017-03-29.jpg

BTW, i think this topic should be moved to TV-Server Plugins.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV/Plugin Configuration shows 2 tuners, however Fritz!Box GUI shows me 4 tuners
    Strange, I call the UPnP service that returns the number of services. So I think this is a question I will ask the AVM support as next ;)

Edit: Thread was also moved to TvServer plugins subforum, a reference is kept inside MP2 plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom