New universal remote control Sofabaton x1 as a replacement for Harmony (1 Viewer)

harryzwo

Portal Pro
July 25, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony.
Everything looks good so far, just a problem with the mapping of the MCE-FB. Here the IR code is only sent once per key/command. I remember that there used to be a similar problem with the MCE-FB, only that a command was sent twice. Unfortunately I can't remember the solution. Maybe there is someone among the old hands who still knows the solution. Maybe that would be a starting point.
Otherwise, the Sofabaton seems to be an alternative to Harmony.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Everything looks good so far, just a problem with the mapping of the MCE-FB.
    I think that you will have to explain what MCE-FB means.

Are you referring to the MCE "green button" (used to start WMC or MP)?
    Or are you referring to the debounce registry setting?
    Or ... ?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The FB is an RC6 Microsoft Media Center remote control. Everything works with this FB. When I set up the Harmony there was a phenomenon where the command was always sent twice per key press. I have no idea whether this was also the case with the MCE-FB. In any case, something was changed in MP1 so that it worked with the Harmony. Now I'm looking for a solution to the problem with the Sofabaton. This doesn't have to be a bug in MP. I'm just looking for a starting point.

Attachments

• MCE2.jpg
      MCE2.jpg
      1.9 MB
    • MCE.jpg
      MCE.jpg
      2 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    When I set up the Harmony there was a phenomenon where the command was always sent twice per key press.
    For a remote that is using the MCE-RC6 code set, there is a debounce registry setting that may be what you need here.

When you press and release a button on a remote control, the contacts sometimes "bounce", meaning that the signal is sent two (or more) times in quick succession. If debounce is enabled, the Microsoft driver ignores the second and subsequent signals if they occur within a small time interval of the first signal. Only the Microsoft driver does this, which is the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver device in Windows "Device Manager".

Another cause of multiple actions occurring in response to a single button press is (I think) enabling "HID Keyboard" in "Remotes and Other Input Devices" in "MP Config", combined with the Classic profile. If you are using this combination, I think that you need either to use the Full profile, or deselect "HID Keyboard".

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Debounce Registry Setting
    For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
    "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001

There are several different values for the hexadecimal string following "\Remotes\" above, so you may need to define the setting for all of the devices listed in your registry (if you cannot identify which registry entry corresponds to the device that you are actually using).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom