New user, am I doing something wrong? (1 Viewer)

btb63

Portal Member
February 24, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Problem I have is that I can't get MP to restart again after closing it. I only use it to watch TV which it does perfectly and I'm using the 4TR Argus tuner.

If I click the 'X' on the far right on the Topbar when I've finished watching TV, MP seems to shut down as it closes, but it won't restart again. Clicking the shortcut doesn't restart MP again, if I look in Windows Task Manager I see 'MediaPortal.exe *32 is still running, and its only by ending it here, or by running MP config (which closes MP completely), that I can then get MP to restart.

I'm sure I must be doing something very simple that's wrong, but not sure sure what. How can I close MP and then restart it?

Thanks for any help.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Usually that should do it. Please provide us with some info ,incl. Logs & System Description. It might be that MP is just minimized (there is an Option to do that).

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply, which log will most useful? OS is w7 64 bit. I've found the option to minise to the system tray on GUI close, that isn't checked, though if I do check it and then exit from the system tray problem is the same, MP is still running in taskmanager.

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Here is MP log to see if anyone can identify why this is happening. I started MP, used it watch TV for a while, then closed it by the 'X', MP is still running in task manager, then sent this log.

Thanks for any help.

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I think I can send more useful info. I've uploaded two logs, first one I opend MP watched TV for a moment, closed with 'X', this is log 1, then tried to open again from shortcut and MP won't open, this is log 2.

Is there anything else would help?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I checked your logs, but they are not "complete". Please use the Debug Method (see my footer) to produce full logs.

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I let MP open in debug mode, 'Report a bug to Team MediaPortal', but the Home screen that opened only contained 'Settings' options, I couldn't view TV. So I closed it, and it did close properly, I've attached the zip file.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in this way. Is there anything else I can do?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To do this properly with the 4TR TV, you need to select Option 2 on Debug. If this only occurs with 4TR, it is probably a 4TR issue.

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    OK, thanks, here is new zip with option 2. This time MP opened in TV, I closed it, but it didn't close, I had to end the process in task manager to allow debugger to see MP exit and generate logs.

I don't know if its an MP or 4TR issue, can you tell from the logs now what is happening? Your help is really appreciated, thank you.

btb63

Portal Member
    February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Update: If I stop the stream, click on stop video on the Topbar, then close, everything is OK, MP will now close properly. Does that help along with logs posted above to see what's going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom