new user needs help adding channels (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi, i am new to the media portal program and am having trouble adding my channel lineup. I am used to snapstream where it just finds your channels for you (i'm a GUI person as i dont' erally understand line commands and stuff). I have followed the guide at the top of this forum so far, but i get lost here:

3.Create an update batch file, update.bat, and insert the following using plain text and appropriate spacing.
xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

4.From a command prompt in the XMLTV directory, run update.bat and watch for errors. Rerun configuration above, if settings need to be changed/adjusted to match your listings. This example provides 7 days of listings for Canada & US according to your channel selection.

5.Delete the TVDatabasev3/4.db file from:
C:\Program Files\Team XBMC\MediaPortal\database

6. Configure MedialPortal settings MyTVGuide XMLTV directory to the above default directory.

7.Start MediaPortal, goto to My TV>Schedule and refresh the guide [F3].

The dialog will indicate a successful update, click OK to continue.

*TV Channel names in File/Setup/TVChannels must match the TVGuide data!

I don't know how to create batch files or do any of that stuff. Can somebody give some help with how to perform these steps? Thanks a lot

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    minofifa

please tell us which tv card your using as we need a clue to give you an answer whether your card is natively supported or you need to introduce dman to it

Rayuk 8)

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply, from the amount of views and quick response, it seems like an active and helpful community.

Im using a hauppauge pvr-150, i checked some list and it was on there as being an acceptable capture card i think. I'm using windows XP SP2. My main video card is a radeon 9800SE.

thanks again

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Minofifa
    as HAGRID said should not have done that,
    Can you be more specific if your using WEBEPG ( thanks James) it will automatically find
    EPG if you go into its settings ie webepg folder and look up your region if you are having tuning difficulties thats a card problem PS which version of MP are you using

Rayuk 8)

A

Anonymous

hi

i'm not sure if i'm using WEBEPG, what is it exactly? basicaly i have just installed media portal from sourceforge.net (so i'm assuming its the most recent stable version). Then i have went through the setup wizard in media portal. It DOES detect my hauppauge-150 card, then it goes to the screen to tune it. Canada is not on the list of choices so it says to tune manually. I click on manula and find Canada in the much larger list, BUT when i click on Canada nothing happens, i just goes back up to the top of the list....

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Minofifa

Hauppage 150 supported by MP which version you using 1.3 or RC2 as it makes a difference XMLTV is frustrating that's why JAMES developed webepg which you will find in mediaportal FOLDER. ps never give up this is the REAL work in PROGRESS. Never under Estimate a LITTLE Help
    Great Work Team MediaPortal

Rayuk 8)

A

Anonymous

thanks again for the help

the folder i downloaded and installed is named mediaportal 0.2.0 RC1. Is this the best version to be using?

ok, i'll check into that webEPG program. i did't see a folder called that in there, but i'll look again, or i'll download the latest version as i am checking out its website right now. One question though. I notice that there is increaseing support for different areas like AU, FI etc etc. but i don't see any for the Canada region. Which appreviation am i looking for?

A

Anonymous

i got the latest version of webEPG.

first, it seems like i am going to have to create my entire channel lineup from scrach as i don't have an xml file to go from. Is this right?

second, in webEPG it asks me to pick a website for tv guide info. here again i come back to my original problem of no Canadaian listings.. what am i supposed to be choosing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom