New Webinterface (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I am looking for a TVserver3 web interface because i would like to use the new server to record (no live-tv). After looking around i found this thread but i also found this source code in svn:

http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mediaportal/trunk/TvEngine3/MPWebGuide

I cant find any info regarding MPWebGuide so I'm a little lost here.

Does anyone have any info?

-nrg

Oooh... frodo's been busy.

Frodo - you have the web app, we have the web server, can we get this combined?

That way we can get a release out asap.

Sam

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The thing with MisterD's proposal is that you'll have to update the interface every time something in MP changes that affects it. Granted that's not going to be often, but its something to consider.
    Sure you have to update the interface but not the web application, web services etc. And what happens without it? You have to update the web application, web service etc. Or did I forgot something?

I am looking for a TVserver3 web interface because i would like to use the new server to record (no live-tv). After looking around i found this thread but i also found this source code in svn:

http://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mediaportal/trunk/TvEngine3/MPWebGuide

I cant find any info regarding MPWebGuide so I'm a little lost here.

Does anyone have any info?

-nrg
    I found this in svn too, but I don't have any further information about it. It only looks like Frodo is preferring IIS as web server.
    I tested the MPWebGuide with our server and it works. There is only one issue, which is caused by a non standard url in the web guide.
    So we really should try to combine this and our interests to avoid duplicating work.

MisterD

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sure you have to update the interface but not the web application, web services etc. And what happens without it? You have to update the web application, web service etc. Or did I forgot something?

Let's say they add a new property to the Channel object. You would need to update the interface if you had one, but otherwise it would all still work as normal. You only need to update the MP DLLs that the web app references if you need to use the new properties.

Is that a big deal? I dunno; I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

Sam

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ok, seeing as people are asking, and other web interfaces are popping up left right and centre, here's what's been done so far:

- the web server is pretty much feature-complete, just need to tidy up the interface and test it. Of course, it's not much fun testing the web server on its own without any web pages to test it with so,

- the web app has a very basic interface right now, with only a few things working. It's not really even alpha release material yet, but it should be coming along soon as the dev's schedules clear up.

Sam

cheetah05

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I was wondering if the web interface remote control is 'known' to be slow when doing something or have i set it up wrong.

I only ask as I am looking to create a remote for media portal for a PDA device.

If it is supposed to be that slow, then is there anyway to speed it up, ie take out the screenshot bit?

Thanks.

EDIT:

Basically, I am looking to create a totally cut down version of what you have got designed specifically for pdas. It would include things like basic controls for media portal and tv guide (recording etc...), and now playing (possibly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom