New XML Tv grabber for australia (1 Viewer)

beachbum_boy

October 22, 2005
I used to use D1XMLTvGrabber but it seems to be having problems lately (it might be just me?). Anyway I decided I would create a new one that doesn't rely on a commerical server that can pull the plug at any time.

For those who don't know you can download tv guide data for australia from the Australian Community-driven TV Guide at:
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/

I have created a Windows application to download the data to a tvxml format. It is heavily beta at this point. I have been using it for one day so far and it seems ok but I'm 100% sure there will be bugs! The worst thing the bugs could be is put holes in your tv guide data so its no big deal.

To run it you require:
-.Net Frameword 1.1
-an account on Australian Community-driven TV Guide.
(http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration)

Things it doesn't do but will soon:
-all times are UTC (i.e no timezone adjustment, MediaPortal can do that for you)
-mapping guide data to multiple stations not working yet
-I have only confirmed that the station where I live are working. So there may be problems with your local stations.

If you run the program directly you get a nice GUI with all the settings etc., if you run it with command line the argument '-grab' it will run in the background and download details with your previously saved settings (ideal for schedules)

Anybody who is interested in helping me test the app please email me:

-paulj at psy dot uq dot edu dot au (no spam trawler will every work that out!!)

Any suggestions for features, bugs found or whatever would be much appreciated.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can highly recommend this EPG solution - it is easy to configure, gives you access to all the fee-to-air and pay-TV channels, is quick to download (less than 2 minutes for 7 day's schedule for 6 channels) and provides comprehensive EPG information...... :D

Just what we aussies needed....... :wink:

beachbum_boy

October 22, 2005
    James has convinced me to integrate this into WebEPG which is really what I should have done in the first place! Hopefully this will happen pretty quickly.

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    Glad to hear :D its much better to have a single core project than 5 or more seperate splinter programs which essentially all do the same job. Please keep us all posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom