Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data (1 Viewer)

GilDavis

October 21, 2019
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I got as far as EPG and got stumped. I was following the Wiki tutorials and tried using WebEPG then saw the warning about IMDB not making TV guides anymore. :(

I use Windows Media Center on my Widows 7 PC, and I have the Schedules Direct EPG working fine. Can someone walk me through importing the guide into MP 2?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Look for EPG Buddy in forum, it grabs EPG easily and US should be also supported meanwhile I think.

GilDavis

October 21, 2019
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Look for EPG Buddy in forum, it grabs EPG easily and US should be also supported meanwhile I think.
    Ended up doing a web search and found a download.

No mention of "Schedules Direct", so I am afraid I'm still lost.

I use epg123 to fetch the "Schedules Direct" data. I have an xml file called "epg123.cfg" with all the stations in it. Is that any help?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EPG Buddy is not using schedules direct, but is an alternative software, taking the data in a different way. Sorry, I’ve no idea about schedules direct and it’s format.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EPG-Buddy uses tvguide.com to provide nice and free of charge! EPG data for USA, Canada and Mexico. No need to pay for SchedulesDirect any longer... You need to create an account on tvguide.com (it's free). Then you chose a lineup matching your area and TV provider. Once you've done this, EPG-Buddy grabs all needed data and prepares it in a nice way so MP and most, if not all, other TV solutions (TVheadend, TVMosaic, NextPVR, DVB-Viewer, Argus-TV,... any solution that is XMLTV compatible) will have a properly filled EPG. In my signature there is a link to the EPG-Buddy post here in the forums where many questions are answered already (incl download link)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom