Newbie: Accessing MediaPortal Remotely & Video Database (1 Viewer)

JD92781

July 29, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mine actually looks different:

Untitled.png

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe because I use another skin.

I never use my videos. But is there anything in your myvideos database? Did you scan for movies in mediaportal

JD92781

July 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Yes I have 385 movies in my movie database, i can view them fine when open MediaPortal on my "server" attached to my TV. But when i try to view from the web they're just not there.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried this issue on my HTPC and also got no movies. But my database was empty! Then I scanned my movies, and then all worked as it should.
    So you should try to fill your database.

Go to Mediaportal config -> videos -> video database -> scan ->check your movie folder to include them in the scan -> update database from selected shares

And then it should work.

Extra info on scanning:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/REDIRECTS/MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.MovieDatabase

JD92781

July 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Awesome! Thank you, i will try that when i get home from work today. It won't change anything that's already in there , right?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think you were in "shares" view. So you could see all your movies in mediaportal. Once you scanned your database, you can change the view by using the side menu by pressing up, left or right on remote/keyboard, depending on the view you're in. And then select View by: Shares. Change it to: title (Or any other view you prefer). And it will look a lot better!

JD92781

July 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Yes i absolutely am in "shares" view in mediaportal. I will try all that tonight, thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it!

JD92781

July 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you for the steps. However, after i scanned the database, i'm still not getting any movies in web media portal, im not sure what i could be doing wrong.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think you were in "shares" view. So you could see all your movies in mediaportal. Once you scanned your database, you can change the view by using the side menu by pressing up, left or right on remote/keyboard, depending on the view you're in. And then select View by: Shares. Change it to: title (Or any other view you prefer).

If you try these above steps in Mediaportal, can you see your scanned movies?

im not sure what i could be doing wrong.

JD92781

July 29, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you for the reply. I opened up my movies folder in regular MediaPortal on my server. Changed the view from Shares to Title. All the movies are showing while im in regular media portal.

However, when i do go to WebMediaPortal, it's still only showing my TV Series, and not my movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom