Newbie to MePo - UK HD Channels - Missing Sound? (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I mean channel numbers to punch in on the remote, i.e. 101 for BBC One, 102 BBC Two etc. I know they can be organised and numbered manually, but I was asking if it's possible to do it automatically from the Freesat Info channel, so the numbering and order can match a Freesat STB. I've seen there's a plugin to follow a Sky EPG/STB but nothing for Freesat and was wondering if it's possible.

Should be possible.
    Go to MP Config -> TV and untick "Select channel by index (non-US)"
    =TV.png

• Select channel by index (non US) - Default: on
    When you change channels using the number buttons on your remote (or the number keys on your keyboard), MediaPortal's default behaviour is to select channels by their index in the current channel group. In other words, if you press the '9' button on your remote MediaPortal will change to the 9th channel in the channel group that you're currently viewing. If you prefer to select your channels by their logical channel number (the channel number assigned by the broadcaster or provider) then you should turn this option off.

Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

Hopefully this works. :)

Last edited:

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I mean channel numbers to punch in on the remote, i.e. 101 for BBC One, 102 BBC Two etc. I know they can be organised and numbered manually, but I was asking if it's possible to do it automatically from the Freesat Info channel, so the numbering and order can match a Freesat STB. I've seen there's a plugin to follow a Sky EPG/STB but nothing for Freesat and was wondering if it's possible.

Should be possible.
    Go to MP Config -> TV and untick "Select channel by index (non-US)"
    =TV.png

• Select channel by index (non US) - Default: on
    When you change channels using the number buttons on your remote (or the number keys on your keyboard), MediaPortal's default behaviour is to select channels by their index in the current channel group. In other words, if you press the '9' button on your remote MediaPortal will change to the 9th channel in the channel group that you're currently viewing. If you prefer to select your channels by their logical channel number (the channel number assigned by the broadcaster or provider) then you should turn this option off.

Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

Hopefully this works. :)

I'll give that a go. Thanks again!

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    I had a similar problem; use the Divvx codec for UK HD audio, and LAV for pretty much everything else. Works a treat

To get strange lip-synch only on Top Gear, and only when they are in the studio! Can live with that though...

CAPTAIN_CESSNA

Portal Member
    March 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Tried unchecking the 'select channel by index' and it didn't work for me unfortunately, it did number the channels but I think it did it via some other kind of number, not the EPG numbers.

As for the sound, I think it's selecting the wrong audio tracks. I'm going to try the 'prefer AC3' option tonight, to see if that works. (I had silent advertisements and even commentary for the vision impaired come on seemingly at random on ITV HD last night!)

If it doesn't work I'll probably try going back to the MS decoder for audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom