Ongoing Newbies new HTPC (3 Viewers)

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Little update, has been long time since I medled with my HTPC

got fed up with the sound generated by the harddrive, so i bought 2,5" harddrive:
Western Digital Scorpio 320GB 2.5" SATA-300 5400rpm 8MB

Used a freeware image backup/restorate software called PING : PING (Partimage Is Not Ghost)
Worked like a charm, backupped my previous c-drive and restores it on the new drive.

Now I have to deside what to do with my spare 500gb, I think I know a good place for it :)

Only problem that I have at the moment is that TV is not working, MP says unable to start timeshifting , Unknown error eccored * Edit* this was too simple to solve, I removed the other hauppauge tv-card, but it was still in the configuration as used.

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Recently changed to RC3, cause I had some instability with the RC2... much better now, thank you all who develop this wonderful program. Now that I have been using more my MP, I would ike to know what is the easiest way to view ripped dvd´s in MP? Is there a easy plugin or program that I can use to just mount the iso and play from movies?

I tried to configure Myfilms but couldn´t get it to work. Also put the automount with daemon from configure but that seem to do nothing, do I have to do more with it?

*edit* Also tried moving pictures, got it to show iso.files but cannot make them play. And I can see iso-files in movies but it ask " Want to play video cd" , yes to this doesn´t do anything

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
search is a wonderful thing on this site, but it sometimes does tricks to me..
I had searched multiple times for solution for my Iso problem but found nothing.
Today I found this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/installation-configuration-support-53/daemon-tools-mp-45190/
The ISO extensions association and OS autoplay did the trick for me, the only thing is that I didn´t find that thread earlier with same searching parameters.

So now I have the ISO´s loading correctly with MP

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Done some shopping/upgrading. Now have Sapphire 4670 1GB with vnf100 for GPU. Also bought second-hand terratec 2400i DT for second DVB-t card. Managed to install them but didn´t have the time to test them. Should be ok for 4 recordings from different channel groups.

I did look into the piiptv - plugin ( made in Finland :D). Seems amazing that I could stream my TV to my N95 8GB phone anywhere using either 3G of WLAN . Have to take a better look at this wonderful plug-in: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/piiptv-livetv-remote-pvr-nokia-video-center-38598/

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Hooked up both of the dual DVB-t tuners, but a problem occured. When I am tuning channels 3 out of 4 tuners get them right , but 2nd tuner from 2400i gets 2 channel packs wrong frequence( 634125hz should be 634000hz ) and (738125 should be 738000hz)

It starts to tune the channels from correct frequence but ends up 125hz over and says no signal.

I used a cable splitter for the two tuners cards, could this cause the problem?

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Talking to myself but hey I like me...

The problem is most likely the weaker signal because of the splitter( it makes at least 3 dB reduction on the signal).
So that is the reason of the weird tuning frequences in MP. Both tuners of Nova T 500 seem to get the channels correctly.
I think that the thompson tuners ( on 2400i ) are more sensitive for weak signal than the tuners on T 500.

So I have to get a signal enhancer if I want to use the 2nd tuner from 2400i...

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Problems with the nova-t card. After resuming from standby, sometimes the hauppauge card cannot be found and windows says that a usb device cannot be recornized. Also the nova-t remote cannot be used. Only reboot helps in this matter. What could I do avoid this,?
I want to resolve this isssue because the build-in support for hauppauge remote is much better that to reconfigure the terratec remote correctly ( I am lazy... :oops:)

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Have you set the card/MP to reinitialize on resume? My HVR-1250 (PCI) needs this or I sometimes have a similar issue.

MC_Mice

Portal Member
August 13, 2008
Have you set the card/MP to reinitialize on resume? My HVR-1250 (PCI) needs this or I sometimes have a similar issue.

Yep I have tried this. The problem is that windows looses the card after standby. Have read that there is a fix in Vista but don´t know if there is any with XP.

Added few picture of setup.

Also replaced the keyboard with logitech media board pro and a-link bluetooth dongle that is inside the case:
Logitech Cordless Media Board Pro PS3

Works perfectly, well better than the keyboard before. It had some weird problems with trackball not working sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom