Newly implemented heartbeat kicks active sessions (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    'blankscreen' or 'turn off monitor'
    I am not familiar with these.

If you have anything reproduceable, then please take your time and show us how.

/Gibman

I have peviously posted logs and simple description in this thread 'twice' without response about this matter and yet I get more response when I ask for a simple option to turn it (Heartbeat) off, which would be an aid to testing as it is now impossible to test without Heartbeat to see if the same error occurs.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    'blankscreen' or 'turn off monitor'
    I am not familiar with these.

If you have anything reproduceable, then please take your time and show us how.

/Gibman

I have peviously posted logs and simple description in this thread 'twice' without response about this matter and yet I get more response when I ask for a simple option to turn it (Heartbeat) off, which would be an aid to testing as it is now impossible to test without Heartbeat to see if the same error occurs.

To check if haertbeat is the problem can be investiged by the logs. You will see a line
    stating that a machine was kicked by heartbeat.

grubi.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As previously posted enable any of the following or combination of 'blank screen when idle', 'turn monitor off when idle' and 'minimize to tray on gui exit''...start up' in the MP general settings for the client.

When any of the above are actioned by the MP client the 'client plugin' ceases to send the Heartbeat and 30s later the server disconnects the stream.

It is very easy to test and logs posted from the end of september in this thread show the probem from SVN 16036 onwards; you can see in the same instant the client is sending contradicting info for the stream to be kept alive and it is the Heartbeat monitor that is missing and causes the stream to end.

26/09/2007 21:27:58 D user:6BXD heartbeat received
    26/09/2007 21:28:31 6 PowerScheduler.DisAllowShutdown: handler PowerSchedulerClientPlugin wants to prevent standby
    26/09/2007 21:28:31 13 Controller: Heartbeat Monitor (30+ sec. max idletime allowed)- kicking idle user 6BXD
    26/09/2007 21:28:31 13 Controller: StopTimeShifting 6

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Latest SVN 16362 still a problem as above, logs attached, very easy to test and see the problem, hope a fix is forthcomming.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Unfortunately have to revive this old thread as the Heartbeat problem has started occuring again logs attached .

SVN 17307

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom