[fixed] News Plugin : Only the first word is displayed in the navigation bar (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice job on the news plugin, easy to manage and read (thanks to the textbox copy/past support btw).

I got just a comment : Why just displaying in the Navigation Bar the 1st word of the news feed name ?

It's very strange when the french name starte by an article (a/an in english ; le,la in french). Is it possible to display the entire name in the navbar ?

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suggest you take screenshots and highlight things and make notes and explanations by text / arrows etc directly. This way it is easier to understand what you request and argument pro and contra or improve the suggestion furthermore.

Regarding the NavBar, maybe the item's MaxWidth could be set to 50 or another dynamic value or something like that to fix displaying only the first word, which is might just be a letter for your news in French ;)

EDIT: Change my mind, or understood your request better while writing this post.
    Displaying the whole title I disagree, as long as the upper levels will be hidden then.
    If it is only about using the open space on the right for the title as much as possible, I agree.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, the upper level is really not long ("Home / News" ) but let's say you're right.

My news streams :

Picture1.jpg

When I watch "La Une de franceinfo", you can see I'm in the feed "La" (as "a" in english), wich don't give me really any good information about the stream. If I have 2 or more streams begeinig with "La" I'll be lost ^^

On Titanium, there's some space to display the new feed title, but it might no be the same for every skins... This is why I only see the navigation bar to display the title of the stream (even truncated maybe yes).

Picture2.jpg

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thought exactly about such a case :D :ROFLMAO:
    Good example. I take this as a bug. Feel free to create a mantis issue.
    If needed please create a new thread for your second request.

Regarding other skins, feel free to test them :p

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The relevant code is can be found here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../Incubator/News/Models/NewsModel.cs#L113-L118

I did not tested it without, yet, but I assume the nav-bar will have issues, i.e. only displaying Home and ... when viewing news with to much text in titles, which does not allow to browse the upper level anymore. In this case it might not be critical as it is only "News" between home and current, nevertheless, the navbar might need some minor reworks, i.e. displaying still all items of the chain, but minimizing the with of all upper level if possible to [...] and then automatically extending them to the required width once you hover with the mouse or focus them by the remote.

Wow , yet another nice feature request, I'm going to create a new thread about it ;) with screenshots of course

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I did not tested it without, yet, but I assume the nav-bar will have issues, i.e. only displaying Home and ... when viewing news with to much text in titles

Currently the news on the navbar is iddentified by the date and time it was published, so maybe not so much problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom