Next version milestones (1 Viewer)

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
ffrode, if there is any thread about progress with next version? Actually, I don't know which version exactly it plan to be 0.7.3 or 0.8. My dream to have some information what kind of improvements plan to be implemented and when. I've heard that after 0.7.2 you plan to rearrange issue list based on input from us.
My wish - to have as soon as possible three things - multi-user environment (part of), backdrop loading form scarper and last, but not least, FILTERING with user's tags. I would be happy if it will be in 0.8.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That is interesting I was just thinking earlier today how it might be nice to setup a blog or something to give people updates in between versions. :p Maybe when I have more time I guess.

As for what is next, that really just depends. We are actively working on 0.8 but if a critical bug (a crashing bug or something that affects usability with no work around) shows up, then we will release a fix as 0.7.3. We have a few issues tagged as 0.7.3 in our issue tracker right now, but they may slip to 0.8 if nothing critical pops up.

As for what will go into 0.8, we have the issue tracker nailed down pretty well so you can see the complete list here. The big ticket item is filtering though.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yep, you can already search using the "Remote Control Filtering" functionality, although of course this only applies to remote control users. We have causally tossed around the idea of implementing something similar but allowing normal keyboard interaction (rather than with a remote), but we have never really taken much action on this since it hasn't really been brought up on the forums before.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
I agree, an onscreen keyboard would be really nice. Maybe it could be made a system wide service in MP and thus reused by other plugins for music, tv shows etc. If its written as a plugin with a data source then I can even see it as being like desktop search where you would see search results across all metadata which would be indexed. Obviously this is a lot more work, but I can see it being very useful. Combined with the upcoming filter mechanism, it would give a very powerful way to filter on the fly!

gmacleod

March 12, 2009
I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but it would be nice to see you implement series/boxset features to help with sorting movie collections. I have a rather large library (having borrowed and rented a lot of dvd's) and a lot of the movies I have are part of a series or collection. Like James Bond, 20+ movies it would be nice to add them to one particular section, and have each subsection for each movie with their own fan arts etc.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
+1 on the collection idea.
I would love to stick all the After Dark Horrorfest movies in one area, and also my collection of cruddy Sci Fi Channel movies ;)

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
+1 on the collection idea.
I would love to stick all the After Dark Horrorfest movies in one area, and also my collection of cruddy Sci Fi Channel movies ;)

+1 I think it's good idea to have for ex all movies : James Bond 007 and then movie #1, movie #2. I think it can be somehow done using filters and custom tags (will be available in next version of Mov pict) ... not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom