Next version milestones (2 Viewers)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This actually should be possible with our filtering system for 0.8. It's still a work in progress so I don't want to talk too much about the details as they may change around a bit, but as the system is currently shaping up, what you all are describing would be very possible.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
fforde, will the filtering system have something like a smartlist with rules that can be defined using existing movie metadata, and some metadata from MP itself such as last added, last watched etc?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yes MrCrispy, exactly right. We have not nailed down the interface in the GUI yet, but there will be two types of filters, a filter type with selection options automatically generated (like genre) and a filter type where you can manually specify each option and the criteria that applies when it is selected.

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
That's great news, thanks! Can you give a rough estimate on 0.8 - are we talking weeks or months?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hopefully sooner rather than later. We split 0.8 into two releases, 0.8 and 0.9 so that we could get filtering out sooner. So maybe 3 or 4 weeks? But this is slightly optimistic, things come up, so don't hold me to this.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
+1 on the collection idea.
I would love to stick all the After Dark Horrorfest movies in one area, and also my collection of cruddy Sci Fi Channel movies ;)

+1 I think it's good idea to have for ex all movies : James Bond 007 and then movie #1, movie #2. I think it can be somehow done using filters and custom tags (will be available in next version of Mov pict) ... not sure...

+1 more. I have been thinking about this for a long time, but never got to write it down. It would be absolutely awesome.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but it would be nice to see you implement series/boxset features to help with sorting movie collections. I have a rather large library (having borrowed and rented a lot of dvd's) and a lot of the movies I have are part of a series or collection. Like James Bond, 20+ movies it would be nice to add them to one particular section, and have each subsection for each movie with their own fan arts etc.

Looks like you're talking about Issue 229:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/group-series-movies-together-49819/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom