NFO Metadata Extractor plugin (1 Viewer)

hafblade

Portal Pro
January 19, 2011
Trier, Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

Thanks for your work Morpheus.
I'll have a look at it again as soon as I've got time. Not so much at the moment :(

It should use only data from the nfo file and from pictures in the directory at the moment.
If something is found this data is used else the other scrapers are used. NFO scraper is running before the others.

At the moment this plugin is really alpha like. Sorry for issues with it. I'll test it out again and try to fix all issues.
Further features are also planed for the future.

At the end the plugin should scrap nfo files for movies, series and musicvideos.
I'm always thinking about creating some new "homevideo" nfo file format but that's only some idea in my mind at the moment.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there!

First question: Any progress here?
Second question: Is it intended to have the tag "filenameandpath" as XBMC/Kodi has? I don't know if it is used there like this, but I think with a tag like this, it would be possible to implement that one could have a nfo-file (and local fanart) for DVDs/Blu-ray discs. Or is there another way to manage such an external collection?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    First question: Any progress here?
    Yes. We have first internal test builds. Nothing to be released to the public today, but this won't last long, I'm sure

for DVDs/Blu-ray discs
    At the current state of the development, the MDE needs a video file to recognise the .nfo. No video, no database entry, sorry...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    [Edit: Lehmden was faster with typing than me ;)]
    Yep, there is :D
    We already test it internally and so far it looks very well. However, we stumbled upon a bug that we already spotted a while ago in the NetworkNeighborhoodResourceAccessor (that's what is needed when you access media files on a Windows share). So it currently only works on local MediaSources. Additionally, it's still relatively slow as there is a lot of code in it that I want to test for future use and that code needs to be disabled.
    But we are nearly there!
    As to <filenameandpath>: This is unfortunately not as easy as it looks like. We currently look for video-files and if we found one, we check whether we can find a corresponding nfo-file. For supporting "movie-stubs", we would have to import the nfo-file itself as a MediaItem into our library. This needs a different logic. But it wouldn't be too hard to implement it. However, we would have to adapt the frontend, i.e. MP2-Client, because currently it just tries to play the file that was imported as a MediaItem. This would obviously not work for nfo-files and so we need to introduce logic into our frontend that detects that the MediaItem is not an actual media file and that it needs to ask the user to insert dvd-x. That is certainly possible, but it will take longer and will therefore not be contained in the first release of this nfo-MetadataExtractor.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom