NFO Scanner explained + issues? (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's not about a specific format.. it just searches through the (text-based) file (using the rules as mentioned) and looks for a IMDB id (anywhere). .the first found IMDB id will be used to grab the details from IMDB.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am trying to clear out some of the stickies on the forum here, and this topic really belongs over on the Wiki. Would anyone be willing to compile the information in this thread into a document over there?

gemini

Portal Member
    September 23, 2006
    Eppingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    NFO content in detail

Hi,
    I'm experiencing some strange behavior of the scanner related to nfo - I think. Now, before I report an error that is actually user incompentance I' like to understand what the content of nfo should look like in detail. :oops:

If a file consisting only (!!!) of this line

or this line

tt0319754

sufficient? If not, what else needs to be in an nfo to work correctly?

Thanks for clarification. :D

Regards,
    gemini

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is there somewhere i can read up on the nfo-sytax that moving-pictures will accept??? (i want moving-pictures to retrieve cover+movie info from the nfo file)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's not what the scanner is currently built for.. it's only scanning for the IMDB id parttern nothing more.
    Using local files as datasource will be an option in the future where you could just create script for any format you like to read.

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Using local files as datasource will be an option in the future where you could just create script for any format you like to read.
    That would be great... The cool-ness of this plugin is diminished when movie-info in imdb is lacking/missing... Also it would be possible for users to edit the info into their primary language.

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Unfortunately there is no database field that will give you the filename without the extension. This is something we could add, but it would require a code change to get it to work. Sorry. :( I created an issue for this so we dont forget. It is a good idea and we will get it added for the next major version.

This would be very useful. I'm currently using this:

billyad2000.co.uk

to auto-generate .nfo files. The .nfo files have the same file name as the movie (minus the extension). The parser seems very good and has correctly identified all my movies so far. However, because MP tries to parse the file name it doesn't necessarily find the .nfo files. One example of this is 3.10 to Yuma; presumably the numbers confuse MP's parser. Given that a lot of scene .nfo files will also follow the pattern of just changing the extension, I think this makes sense.

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    .nfo files and not imdb first option

Hello,

I get films mainly in spanish. And for each file I create a .nfo file containing only this "imdb: tt0123456".

If my first provider is imdb all works (but the information is in english). If my first provider is one from spain the information I get is in spanish but if there are missing information (back images) this information is not retrieved from another place. Maybe the imdb code is ignored?

Also, in the search of perfection :D, when a film is found in a not imdb aware site, maybe imdb can be searched for the title found to autoaprove the title (there are foreign titles in Beverly Hills Blondes (1995) (V) - Release dates). Because the autoaproval rate is low in foreign titles without imdb code.

I said it: in the search of perfection. Because, now, this plugin is a fantastic plugin.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Release 0.8 will have the option (on by default) to also grab details from other data providers as well.. you could for instance set a Spanish provider as the first one and imdb as second and it will grab everything from the spanish provider and use imdb to fill the gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom